Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.2 help

Posted by besty 
4.2 help
April 03, 2010 11:52PM
Trying to install sd card to 4.2 wii got hbc on it but cannot get eny farther hope some one can help thanks .
Re: 4.2 help
April 03, 2010 11:56PM
besty
Trying to install sd card to 4.2 wii got hbc on it but cannot get eny farther hope some one can help thanks .
What do you mean by "You can't get any farther?" What else is it that you want to do? If you want some apps, see this page: [wiibrew.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 11:57PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
April 04, 2010 12:18AM
Ok thanks what apps would i need to run external hard drive on wii thanks .
April 04, 2010 12:21AM
What do you need to use an external hard drive for?
April 04, 2010 12:25AM
Got loads off family photos i wont to look at with family down stairs as pc up stairs .
April 04, 2010 12:38AM
besty
Got loads off family photos i wont to look at with family down stairs as pc up stairs .
I don't think there's an app that does that ATM...If you have an SD card, you could just use the photo channel.
April 04, 2010 01:03PM
I believe the upcoming app WiiMC (successor to MPlayer CE) will be able to do what you want, but its not out yet, and no word of when it will be released. There's some info about it at [www.wiimc.org]
April 04, 2010 07:30PM
SifJar
I believe the upcoming app WiiMC (successor to MPlayer CE) will be able to do what you want, but its not out yet, and no word of when it will be released. There's some info about it at [www.wiimc.org]

Hey, I haven't heard about it. It looks sort of like a Wii port of XBMC (I said LOOKS). Seriously though, WiiXBMC would ROCK SO F'ING HARD
April 05, 2010 08:18PM
cactusjack901
SifJar

Hey, I haven't heard about it. It looks sort of like a Wii port of XBMC (I said LOOKS). Seriously though, WiiXBMC would ROCK SO HARD

Just to be clear, it has no links of any sort to XBMC. It doesn't use any of the same code or anything. They just have similar names and may have vaguely similar GUI and functionality (all GUI images released so far are not actual GUI images, or even mockups, they are merely the "official" artist's designs for an MPlayer CE GUI. Don't think that any images you may have seen so far will have any resemblance to the final product)
April 05, 2010 09:17PM
SifJar
cactusjack901
SifJar

Hey, I haven't heard about it. It looks sort of like a Wii port of XBMC (I said LOOKS). Seriously though, WiiXBMC would ROCK SO HARD

Just to be clear, it has no links of any sort to XBMC. It doesn't use any of the same code or anything. They just have similar names and may have vaguely similar GUI and functionality (all GUI images released so far are not actual GUI images, or even mockups, they are merely the "official" artist's designs for an MPlayer CE GUI. Don't think that any images you may have seen so far will have any resemblance to the final product)

I thought so. That's why I specifically said looks.
April 05, 2010 09:21PM
cactusjack901
SifJar
cactusjack901
SifJar

But in this case it was assumed that by "looks" you meant "could be" and not "has a similar appearance to but is not."
April 06, 2010 12:09AM
winmaster
cactusjack901
SifJar
cactusjack901
SifJar

But in this case it was assumed that by "looks" you meant "could be" and not "has a similar appearance to but is not."

That's why I emphasized the word LOOKS, meaning "I said LOOKS, not could be"
April 06, 2010 12:23AM
winmaster
cactusjack901

Nope, I knew exactly what he meant, I was just clearing up any ambiguity for future readers of his comments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login