Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel in playtime stats.

Posted by winmaster 
Homebrew Channel in playtime stats.
April 12, 2010 08:10PM
Somehow after running Homebrew Channel yesterday, it showed up in my play history. I want to use the Nintendo Channel, and I'm worried that Nintendo will do something armed with the information that I have installed Homebrew Channel on my Wii. Mostly, I'm concerned that if the need to have them service my Wii arises, they will see that I have installed Homebrew Channel via records collected by Nintendo Channel, and charge me accordingly.

Is there any way at all to edit the play history? I know the Homebrew Channel FAQ says not to worry, but just because they don't care now doesn't mean they won't in the future.
Re: Homebrew Channel in playtime stats.
April 12, 2010 08:16PM
They can't do anything. The Homebrew channel is perfectly legal. The only side-effect of installing it is that it voids your warranty. Sorry. I don't know how to edit your history ethier. Sorry about that too.
April 12, 2010 09:16PM
The Nintendo channel collects that info anonymously so even if they see the Homebrew Channel, they don't know that it's your Wii.
April 12, 2010 09:26PM
Nintendo says the information is only anonymous if you haven't linked your Club Nintendo to your Wii, which I have.
April 12, 2010 09:52PM
If you really want to delete the play history, you could format your wii through the settings. However, you probably don't want to do that. Don't worry about the play history. You certainly are not the only person to use the Nintendo channel while having the Homebrew Channel (or other custom channels) in your play log.
April 12, 2010 09:53PM
Either way, if they did do something, you'd have grounds to sue them on, since it's a perfectly legal channel.
April 12, 2010 10:01PM
cactusjack901
Either way, if they did do something, you'd have grounds to sue them on, since it's a perfectly legal channel.

They could refuse to repair you wii if you ever send it in for a repair, but it is extremely unlikely that that will ever be a problem.
April 12, 2010 10:10PM
I'm not so sure, as the warranty states that it is void if unauthorized software is used.

I know I can probably reformat, but that means that every time I want to use Nintendo Channel, I have to reformat, loose my saved games, and redownload my channels. It seems like a pain. Is there really no way to edit the play log?
April 12, 2010 10:50PM
winmaster
I'm not so sure, as the warranty states that it is void if unauthorized software is used.

I know I can probably reformat, but that means that every time I want to use Nintendo Channel, I have to reformat, loose my saved games, and redownload my channels. It seems like a pain. Is there really no way to edit the play log?

No, there isn't, but don't worry about it. If your Wii needs to go in for repairs, and you have Bootmii installed, and can start the HBC, and you remove everything. You'll be fine and dandy. It's nothing to worry about, seriously.
April 12, 2010 11:04PM
cactusjack901
winmaster

No, there isn't, but don't worry about it. If your Wii needs to go in for repairs, and you have Bootmii installed, and can start the HBC, and you remove everything. You'll be fine and dandy. It's nothing to worry about, seriously.

OK, I guess if I'm going to be that paranoid then I'd have to port Eraser to the Wii and run that on the NAND before sending it in as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login