Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiWare games do not automatically load-up from Gecko

Posted by KingKRool2002 
WiiWare games do not automatically load-up from Gecko
April 19, 2010 08:30PM
I have version 1.9.3.1 of Gecko and have the 4.2U Wii system menu. I can use Gecko cheat codes fine with all Wii games (USA and Japanese), but some Wiiware and Virtual Console games do not load-up automatically from Gecko.

Even without codes on, Rage of the Gladiator, Castlevania: Rebirth, and Super Castlevania IV go to the "Press A to continue" pre-main Wii screen and, if I select the game's channel from there, the codes do not work. With games like Bonk's Adventure, WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase, and Castlevania 3, with or without codes (aka turning Codes off in Config Options in Gecko), it loads-up the actual Wiiware/VC game and the codes work fine. I cannot figure out why some games load-up and others don't.

I tried all the Hook Types and I tried all 3 different Force types (i.e. the USA one) and I also tried setting the language in Gecko's Config Options menu to English, but it still doesn't work with some games.

I cannot figure out why some WW/VC games boot-up (both with and without codes) and some don't. This problem is only with the WW/VC games, the regular retail games work fine. I launch the Channel (aka WW/VC) from the main Gecko screen and it does say that it found codes for the game and that it is applying them, but it doesn't apply them and it doesn't load-up the channel.

I'm desparate to fix this problem. I haved no idea what to do.

Thanks.
Re: WiiWare games do not automatically load-up from Gecko
April 20, 2010 12:54AM
Are the games legitimate downloads from the shop channel?
Re: WiiWare games do not automatically load-up from Gecko
April 20, 2010 03:03AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Are the games legitimate downloads from the shop channel?

Yes, all of my games are legit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login