Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Twilight Hack Installing Problems

Posted by ayojoe13 
Twilight Hack Installing Problems
August 12, 2008 04:44AM
Hey all, I'd appreciate some help on my problem on installing the homebrew channel. Note I have all the appropriate files in the correct places. I have this on a 16mb SD Card (couldn't find anything else). Nothing is on that card except the private folder with the appropriate directory folders and the twilight hack data.bin so I got that in hand. I even copied the twilight hack to my Wii too (and deleted my TP save). The only thing else is the homebrew folder, the wad folder (both of which have no files in them), and the boot.elf file. My problem is the boot.elf, I put that in the root of the SD card (not in any folders or nothin, it's stand alone). So I copied the Twilight Hack data initiated the TH and it said failed to load from boot.elf.

I formatted my SD card to FAT16 and everything for this to work and all but I got a problem. I initiated the twilight hack and it started, but it was taking forever and it kept on loading files that started with "err=c100000900" or something like that a lot w/ other codes similar too it.. Then after 5-7 minutes it said failed to load from boot.elf and it still doesn't work.

Could anyone please assist me on this problem?

btw I know to use the TwilightHack0 file because..

I checked my disc, and I am using the correct Twilight Hack. I have firmware 3.3 (US Wii). My TP disc is 0A-0 JPN so I know to use the RZDE version of the data.bin w/ the folder.

I hope this is enough information to help me get the homebrew channel installed. I repeat, my main problem is boot.elf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 04:48AM by ayojoe13.
Re: Twilight Hack Installing Problems
August 12, 2008 06:37PM
Could it possibly be a bad boot.elf file? I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
August 12, 2008 11:01PM
Are you using the latest boot.elf? After menu 3.3 they released a new one because the old one wouldn't work. Also make sure you have the right one for your region.

EDIT: Here's a tutorial to help you. It also has a .zip for download at the end with the latest version of the homebrew channel, quake, tetris, and FUSE. Click here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 11:16PM by Arikado.
August 13, 2008 12:02AM
That could possibly be it! I will try this once I get home from soccer practice. Thanks a lot. I'll report back here if it works.
August 13, 2008 12:11AM
Your welcome.
August 14, 2008 04:22PM
Okay so I did what you said. It still does the same thing, but I paid more attention this time before it started the problem. It said boot.dol not found (do I need that too?) and it said something about USBGecko not found (do I need that too?).

I'm not sure what to do. My Twilight Hack data says USA on it on the data screen on the Wii. (My disc is 0A-0 JPN).

Should I just start the whole installation over?
August 14, 2008 04:34PM
Whoops. Wrong topic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 05:32PM by Arikado.
August 14, 2008 04:44PM
Wait I'm confused (sorry if I'm bothering you). Why would I have to download Snes9x for the twilight hack to work? And could you please link me to what I need, and how to do it? I only have the boot.elf file on my SD Card since the TH copied to the Wii.

btw I should mention a few other things. Since the Twilight Hack got copied to my Wii, I deleted that private folder and all with the twilight hack in it (did I really need it after copying it?) And I have GCN CONTROLLER (not memory card) plugged in, along with a USB extension cord hooked up in 1 USB port for when I use my keyboard, but the keyboard isn't plugged into the extension. Just thought I'd have to note that.
August 14, 2008 05:32PM
Whoops. I posted in the wrong topic. My bad! If you just want to install the homebrew channel, the link I posted before should help you.

EDIT: Make sure the twilight hack save data is in your Wii's memory and not your SanDisk. In other words, make sure you transfer the hack from your SanDisk to your Wii's memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 05:39PM by Arikado.
August 14, 2008 07:04PM
I made sure I did that. But I don't know what to do about this boot.elf issue. I just read that it says "boot.dol not found" and something about USBGecko wasn't found? Do I need those files too or something? Or should I start over?
August 14, 2008 08:18PM
If you do not have the homebrew channel working, start over using the link I posted in this topics second post. Read through the tutorial, and download the .zip at the end.
August 14, 2008 09:09PM
Will do. And I'll report back here.
August 14, 2008 10:31PM
Make sure transfer the hacked save for your region from the SanDisk to the Wii's memory.
August 14, 2008 11:57PM
I should delete the folders rzdp and and rzdj if my TP version is English and 0A-0, correct?

EDIT: Should I also have some apps installed to go with it? Do I need apps to go with it, cause I just want an empty homebrew channel for now to get it started up cleanly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 12:00AM by ayojoe13.
August 15, 2008 12:19AM
No, you don't need apps for installation. And yes, you can delete those files. Good luck :)
August 15, 2008 04:03AM
Alright now it says like boot.dol not found and USBGecko serial not detected and it said failed to read boot.elf

This happened my very first time and I had to reformat my SD to FAT16, which is already is. I don't even know what to do anymore. Should I just wait till they make an update?
August 15, 2008 05:19AM
Tell me what Wii your using.
August 15, 2008 03:49PM
I'm using a launch day Wii. It's updated to the latest firmware of 3.3 and is on WiiConnect24 and hooked up to the Internet and everything.

EDIT: Should I take a picture of what is showing on my TV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 03:49PM by ayojoe13.
August 15, 2008 10:52PM
Did you extract that .zip at the end of the tutorial to your SanDisk? Just putting on the file on the SanDisk is not extracting it.

EDIT: Don't give up! You're nearly there! I don't care what it takes I'm going to make sure that you get the channel installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 11:40PM by Arikado.
August 15, 2008 11:49PM
You don't know how much I appreciate your help man. So wait, what do you mean extract it? I just downloaded it from the link in the tutorial (the one that says "NEW ZIP") as the link text on page 3 and it unzips directly to the SD Card, then I just deleted all the apps I didn't want and left everything else. What more was I supposed to do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 11:54PM by ayojoe13.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login