Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant Install bannerbomb (Ver 2)

Posted by smartinez281 
Cant Install bannerbomb (Ver 2)
May 01, 2010 05:36PM
Hello all.
Recently I updated a friends Wii system software to version 4.2U
When I try to load the bannerbomb (v2) I get the usual pop up box (clicked Yes to install) but then the Wii goes blank,and the wii disc light keeps flashing.
What gives?
Re: Cant Install bannerbomb (Ver 2)
May 01, 2010 06:42PM
try another version, check wc24 is off.

Also check boot.dol exists and maybe try a different boot.dol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2010 06:42PM by SifJar.
May 01, 2010 07:17PM
I dont understand the "check wc24 is off" part
I tried the other versions
abd6a_v200.zip - just hangs and gets the wii light to flash as i explained
abd69_v200.zip - freezes the wii
abd6b_v200.zip - does not be read
May 01, 2010 10:39PM
Check in Wii settings that WiiConnect24 is set to 'off'. Make sure there is a 'boot.dol' or 'boot.elf' on your SD card. That is what runs when you load bannerbomb. Bannerbomb does not install anything, the HackMii Installer does.
May 03, 2010 04:58AM
wiiconnect24 is off...boot.elf is in the root of the SD, but that still does not solve my problem....
May 03, 2010 05:10AM
This is a known problem, but the cause is not clear. Use [url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/indiana Pwns]Indiana Pwns[/url] or [url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/smash Stack]Smash Stack[/url] instead.
May 03, 2010 05:28AM
Ok, If I do the Smash Stack...it just installs the homebrew channel on the wii and sd card?
Long story short, I am modding this wii for a friend, my personal wii has been modded a while back by me, and she does not own SSBB but I do.Does she need the actuall game to play homebrew for now on?
May 03, 2010 05:32AM
smartinez281
Ok, If I do the Smash Stack...it just installs the homebrew channel on the wii and sd card?
Long story short, I am modding this wii for a friend, my personal wii has been modded a while back by me, and she does not own SSBB but I do.Does she need the actuall game to play homebrew for now on?
No, you only need to use the disc once, to install the HBC to your wii.
May 03, 2010 05:54AM
WaxyPumpkin72
smartinez281
No, you only need to use the disc once, to install the HBC to your wii.

Ok
I tried the smashstack, but after i go to stage builder again (after copying the files to the sd) the wii freezes and all one can hear is a loud buzz

Ok i figured that out.and one wii is down, but would there be a reason why a wii is not reading the ssbb game disc?Its an original disc,and it can read all my other original disc's fine,but not SSBB(and that disc is clean and runs fine on the other modded wii's)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2010 06:15AM by smartinez281.
May 03, 2010 04:12PM
This is a somewhat common issue with the low quality disc drives used in wii's. If there are no traces of homebrew on that wii, Nintendo will repair it for free. However, the new drive will not be able to read DVDs.
May 04, 2010 04:01AM
jbc007
However, the new drive will not be able to read DVDs.

Clarification here: only Wii and GC discs will work. You won't be able to read data DVDs, video DVDs, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2010 04:02AM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login