Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

question of super mario galaxy 2...

Posted by buhoX 
question of super mario galaxy 2...
May 30, 2010 05:38PM
Ok so I was in a friend's house and he had been gifted the game and when he was going to try it out an update poped out saying that any un-authorized changes(that would be Homebrew) would be removed making the Wii brick, or be unable to be used... So does that mean I can't play the game on my Wii since I have HBC installed?
Re: question of super mario galaxy 2...
May 30, 2010 05:59PM
buhoX
Ok so I was in a friend's house and he had been gifted the game and when he was going to try it out an update poped out saying that any un-authorized changes(that would be Homebrew) would be removed making the Wii brick, or be unable to be used... So does that mean I can't play the game on my Wii since I have HBC installed?
No, its safe to play/update.
May 30, 2010 08:27PM
It is illegal for a company to threaten to brick their products because of consumer editting that doesn't originally harm the unit. It's just a scare tactic to try to guilt-trip the people who installed HBC. Just update. I've also heard GeckoOS can't skip that update, too. If it does remove the Homebrew Channel, just reinstall it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2010 08:28PM by Mestizo.
May 30, 2010 10:47PM
So I just let that update go if I get the game.. Thanks for the help
June 11, 2010 01:01PM
I'm curious, buho. I'm getting that game in a few hours. Did the update knock out HBC?
June 11, 2010 03:48PM
It doesn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login