Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii fully bricked - HELP?

Posted by GuitarHeroJoke 
Re: Wii fully bricked - HELP?
June 10, 2010 06:27PM
Mathew_Wi
Wait, taking out the disc during an update will brick you? Is nintendo retarded or something?
What if the disc is scratched to a point?
The update files are stored on the disk. If only some of the files are installed, and not others, it will result in a brick. I don't think Nintendo is "retarded" because of it.
June 10, 2010 08:07PM
The update files actually should be copied from the disc to the NAND before being installed. Perhaps they actually are, but something else went wrong. After all, this is what happens during an online update.
June 10, 2010 09:34PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Mathew_Wi
Wait, taking out the disc during an update will brick you? Is nintendo retarded or something?
The update files are stored on the disk. If only some of the files are installed, and not others, it will result in a brick. I don't think Nintendo is "retarded" because of it.

I didn't quite mean "retarded" it's more of a, what were they thinking? They really should have protection from this type of thing imo.
It would save them money.
June 11, 2010 03:37AM
Mathew_Wi
WaxyPumpkin72
Mathew_Wi

I didn't quite mean "retarded" it's more of a, what were they thinking? They really should have protection from this type of thing imo.
It would save them money.

I dunno... It seems like a silly/stupid thing to me, taking out the disc during an update, that is. I mean, what was the point of that in the first place?
June 13, 2010 08:04PM
agree!
June 13, 2010 08:05PM
oh, I mean I agree that nintendo is retarded :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login