Bootmii question
July 19, 2010 12:38AM
I've been using BootMii for a while now on my wii, incase something happens to it and I need to recover it.

However, it's annoying to constantly go up to my Wii to control bootmii. Is it possible to put certain files on my computer, and if something does happen to my Wii, I can put the files back on and recover with no problems?

Thanks.
Re: Bootmii question
July 19, 2010 01:47AM
I have solved my own problem with Autoboot. For those who are wondering, autoboot automatically selects one homebrew channel or system menu, in a certain amount of time in seconds, of your liking.

Go to your SD Card, and look in the BootMii folder there will be bootmii.ini , open that with wordpad. It should look like this

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

---------------------------------------

MINE now looks like this

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=HBC

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
BOOTDELAY=3

Notice how when you want autoboot on you remove the # . This means when I power on my Wii with the wii remote, in 3 seconds the bootmii automatically selects Homebrew Channel and goes to it. This is great because now I don't need to get up to go to the homebrew channel. Also, it means if something bad does happen to my Wii, I pop the SD Card back into my computer, put the # back infront of the two lines, and then I can recover my Wii through bootmii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login