Getting MPlayer_CE properly set up
July 21, 2010 12:12AM
Hi! My name is Pedro, and I'm new in this Homebrew channel stuff. I hope I'm not breaking any rule by asking this, if so, I'm sorry and I'll try not to do it again.

I have a black Wii, bough in Europe a while back, it has the firmware 4.2E, and I've been reading here ( [wiibrew.org] ) about how to get MPlayer working on it, so I stumbled upon this "DVD and USB 2.0 Support", which means for me to be able to use my USB drive to see some movies or listen to music I would have to install the Trucha Bug Restorer. I'm having a problem with it's installation, can someone help me with this, or is this somewhat against the rules?
Re: Getting MPlayer_CE properly set up
July 21, 2010 05:32AM
Black wii eh? Well all black wii's can't play any kind of burned/retail DVD's (other than wii disks of course), you still play movie/music via USB. It is best to use DOP-Mii to use TBR (aka. Trucha Bug Restorer). Then use the install USB 2.0 cIOS. (Oh yeah, you should not touch any else in DOP-Mii after using TBR)
July 21, 2010 10:46AM
Wow.. I'm beginning to find that black wii is really in the dark side :P. Just a little doubt, I first use DOP-Mii, and then TBR, or the other way around? Because I was getting errors while trying to use the TBR yesterday. BTW, is there somewhere I can read about this in more detail? The wiki lacks some documentation in this tools.. :\
July 21, 2010 11:00AM
Use Dop-Mii rather than TBR (They can do the same thing; Restore fakesigning AKA trucha bug).
July 21, 2010 11:21AM
But dop-Mii is more user friendly in that you select one option and it does all the work for you, in TBR you need to select a bunch of different stuff and restart the app several times.
July 21, 2010 11:28AM
I'll try this later today, and see how it goes. Thanks everyone ;)
July 22, 2010 12:33AM
bg4545
Use Dop-Mii rather than TBR (They can do the same thing; Restore fakesigning AKA trucha bug).

That's what I meant. Maybe I should'a made it clearer... =P But nevertheless it should work. Cheers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 12:36AM by SolidMario7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login