Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions about hacking 4.3U

Posted by BeltofUtility 
Questions about hacking 4.3U
August 08, 2010 02:44AM
-Do I use a combination of both Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns... or can I them separate to hack a Wii's that 4.3U?
-How would I be able to back up my NAND?
-And will the data of the mentioned games be deleted in the process of hacking or not?
-And overall, what is the best hacking thing for the Wii out of these (Twilight Hack, Bannerbomb, Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 11:05PM by BeltofUtility.
Re: Questions about hacking 4.3U
August 08, 2010 04:49AM
+ Just use one of them to load the hackmii installer and install the homebrew channel
+ If you're talking about backups, that isn't supported here....but if you want to play games of N64 and other consoles you can use an emulator
+ Install bootmii with the hackmii installer, if you can install it as boot 2
+ None of your data will be lost
+ Depends of your system menu, go and make some reading here
August 08, 2010 05:44AM
BeltofUtility
-Do I use a combination of both Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns... or can I them separate to hack a Wii's that 4.3U?
They are each their own exploit. Pick one.

BeltofUtility
-Once I've hacked it using those, how do I get to play the games on an SDCARD?
As headfirst4halos said, if you mean playing official Wii games then that is not supported here. If you mean homebrew games, then yes, just put them on your SD card.

BeltofUtility
-How would I be able to back up my NAND?
Use BootMii and select the gears and then the one with an arrow to the SD card. Your SD card must have at least 1GB of free space. (A NAND backup is about 528MB).

BeltofUtility
-And will the data of the mentioned games be deleted in the process of hacking or not?
With Smash Stack, no. With Indiana Pwns, you can backup your regular save and restore it after.

BeltofUtility
-And overall, what is the best hacking thing for the Wii out of these (Twilight Hack, Bannerbomb, Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns)
Neither of the exploits is any better than another. The advantage to bannerbomb is it doesn't require a game (but you can't use it). Since you have 4.3 your only choices are Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns. (Twilight Hack has been blocked since 4.0 and bannerbomb has been blocked by 4.3)
August 08, 2010 11:04PM
Thanks for the answers. I didn't know downloading games to SDCARDS would be considered back-ups or pirates.

Another question, what are all the ways I could/accidentally update my Wii, so I can avoid updating it? And how do I turn of disc updates?
And where would the BootMii/HackMii installers come in the process of me using the Smash Stack?
And what's the best SDCARD for this?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 02:45AM by BeltofUtility.
August 10, 2010 04:00AM
you can download an app called wiiSCU and you can update channels (wii shop channel) without updating the wii itself
August 13, 2010 04:00AM
That could work, but I'd like the questions I asked in my last post answered.
August 13, 2010 05:33AM
BeltofUtility
Thanks for the answers. I didn't know downloading games to SDCARDS would be considered back-ups or pirates.

Another question, what are all the ways I could/accidentally update my Wii, so I can avoid updating it? And how do I turn of disc updates?
And where would the BootMii/HackMii installers come in the process of me using the Smash Stack?
And what's the best SDCARD for this?

This is from I have learned from reading alot of post here

1. You can't really accidentlly update your wii, you have to choose yes to update from a disc, or go through the system menu option and tell it to update. You can use gecko os to run the game if it needs a IO to run the game it will load it, but may not work on some games. You will need to reasearch this on wiibrew.org for the app to block updates but I think its priiloader but not for sure.
2. I don't know much about bootmii/hackmii installers for the smash stack when mine was done it was with bannerbomb on a lower system menu and again with 4.2.
3. sd card to use I think was said has to be a 2 gig or less sd card no micro cards or sdhc I think it was cards can't be used. Wii has a 2gig sd card just for the wii if you cna find it. Hope this helps some.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login