Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii installation after Homebrew

Posted by Tibore 
BootMii installation after Homebrew
August 13, 2010 08:57AM
I installed the Homebrew Channel earlier today using banner bomb, but I forgot to install BootMii at the same time. When I install HBC I only had the private folder from a rar called abd6a_v200 and the boot.elf from hackmii_installer_v0.7b. When I load the HBC with the same files I used to install Homebrew Channel( Private folder and boot.elf) there is no option to install BootMii. I tried Launching bootmii from HBC and using the SDmenu/Bannerbomb again but I am left with a black screen and nothing loads.

I don't know much about this but im using a Kingston 2GB sd card and I didn't see it on the Bootmii compatible list on the wiki. Could it be the SD card even when I got the green "Install" when I loaded the bannerbomb?
Re: BootMii installation after Homebrew
August 13, 2010 09:52AM
Reload Bannerbomb, or move the Hackmii Installer (the folder in the zipped file) into the SD:\apps folder, then launch it in Homebrew Channel. You can reinstall BootMii that way. Just a bit of warning; if you can install BootMii as boot2, do so and DO NOT update to 4.3. Nintendo can override and patch boot2 to disable BootMii as boot2
August 13, 2010 03:20PM
Mestizo
Just a bit of warning; if you can install BootMii as boot2, do so and DO NOT update to 4.3. Nintendo can override and patch boot2 to disable BootMii as boot2
No they can't.
August 13, 2010 04:00PM
Thanks so much. I spent hours trying to figure it out and I never thought it would be so simple.
August 14, 2010 02:26AM
bg4545
Mestizo
Just a bit of warning; if you can install BootMii as boot2, do so and DO NOT update to 4.3. Nintendo can override and patch boot2 to disable BootMii as boot2
No they can't.
In order to clarify, all Nintendo's update does is overwrite BootMii/boot2, and can be easily reinstalled via the HackMii installer, correct?
August 14, 2010 06:05AM
Weasel
bg4545
Mestizo
No they can't.
In order to clarify, all Nintendo's update does is overwrite BootMii/boot2, and can be easily reinstalled via the HackMii installer, correct?

Yes, that is correct. If fact, it is probably better that the update is installed, so one does not accidentally overwrite bootmii in the future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login