Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to unmod my Wii?

Posted by Kwix 
Is it possible to unmod my Wii?
August 23, 2010 02:49PM
Just wondering. I'm about to softmod it and was thinking I might give it to my mom as a gift in the future and she wouldn't want a modded system.
Re: Is it possible to unmod my Wii?
August 23, 2010 07:02PM
"softmodding" is not supported here, as that term is generally used to mean modifying a Wii to play "backups" (usually actually pirated games), installing a bunch of crapIOS in the process.

Installation of HBC and BootMii (the only NAND modifications that are truly needed to enjoy homebrew) are both completely reversible with the HackMii Installer (the same tool used to install them).
August 24, 2010 01:02AM
Oh, sorry, I'm not completely familiar with all of the terminology. Thank you for your help =)
August 24, 2010 08:24PM
Is "softmod" really only used in piracy? I would think that using the term "softmod" would be appropriate whenever installing the Homebrew Channel, because doing so is making a software modification to your Wii.
August 24, 2010 09:06PM
winmaster
Is "softmod" really only used in piracy? I would think that using the term "softmod" would be appropriate whenever installing the Homebrew Channel, because doing so is making a software modification to your Wii.

Yes, technically what you say is correct, however the fact is that the term is generally adopted to mean the software equivalent of "hardmod" i.e. modchip, therefore "softmod" is generally assumed to mean enabling "backups" or warez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login