Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with WIIPSX!!!

Posted by ivan98gst 
Need help with WIIPSX!!!
August 25, 2010 07:00AM
Hi guys!! new to the site and wiibrew. i got thehomebrew channel to work and i wanted to try the wiipsx emulator. My problem is i cant get any games to play. can someone please give me a thurough detail of how to?? Thank you guys!!
Re: Need help with WIIPSX!!!
August 25, 2010 06:04PM
i wish i could but emulator talk is prohibited here, though you can always hit me up with a message ;)
August 25, 2010 06:12PM
Hokieman
i wish i could but emulator talk is prohibited here, though you can always hit me up with a message ;)

Uh, no it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 06:13PM by SifJar.
August 25, 2010 06:22PM
oh lol its roms not emulator XD
make sure you put the rom game in the rom folder in the Root > WIIPSX > Rom folder
August 26, 2010 02:52AM
Lets get a few things straight here, cause there is a bit of misinformation about the emulator. First the name isnt Wiipsx. It's Wiisx. If you dont name your emulator folders correctly you'll get nowhere fast with this emulator. Period. The emulator reads set folder paths and names. Second. The emulator is still in beta phases of development by the emulatemii team, which is why a lot of games will not work properly. Third the emulator has a minimal amount of settings you yourself can tweak before playing a given game. You should try messing with them. Some may allow a given game to work, while others wont. We cant help you there, as it's entirely too time consuming for others to try things for you.

Lastly mods of the emulator arent supported either. People modifying the code could break things in the original code. If you're using a mod....Well there's not a lot anyone can do for you, as we cant know exactly what was done to the emulators code to modify it in the first place. The emulatemii team wont help you either as it isnt their code.
August 27, 2010 06:12PM
I wish with WiiSX you could use legit bought Ps1 games because I have those and there's no support :(
August 27, 2010 06:34PM
Saint
I wish with WiiSX you could use legit bought Ps1 games because I have those and there's no support :(

They're on CDs which the Wii can't read, so that will never happen.
August 28, 2010 05:48PM
Saint

you CAN however make an image of the game, put it on your SD, and run it that way, but please, USE GOOGLE TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO THIS.
there are already many many guides as to how.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login