Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Metroid update?

Posted by Mestizo 
Metroid update?
August 31, 2010 03:40PM
I'm picking up my copy of Metroid: Other M in half an hour. Is there an update on it and, if so, is it safe to run?

Current Wii system menu: 4.3U
Current Homebrew Channel: 1.0.8
Re: Metroid update?
August 31, 2010 04:13PM
Jbc007
This question is really getting old. Aside from the complete lack of benefits to updating (which is actually a good reason not to update), there is absolutely no harm in updating. This fact does not change whether you update online or from a game/Netflix disc. The only thing that has ever been installed in an update from a disc that was not in the online update is an IOS (a new IOS obviously can't cause any issues), and these IOSes are later put on Nintendo's update servers.

Seriously, if you are so paranoid about this, dump the update partition from the disc and examine its contents. This really is the only way to find out what is in any given update (of course, identical discs have identical update partitions).

One final point; installing Bootmii/boot2 really is a good idea, to say the least. You already have the latest revision of boot2, so Bootmii will not be removed by the update. Even if the update does brick your wii (I assure you it won't), Bootmii will still run. As long as you install Bootmii/boot2 before the update, there can be absolutely nothing to worry about.
August 31, 2010 04:26PM
If you're on 4.3, there is no newer update on the disc. Updates are always released on NUS first (with the exception of a few game specific IOS, e.g. IOS58), and pushed to discs much later. Its possible this could be the first game with 4.3 on it (AFAIK there were none before), but it will have no newer.
August 31, 2010 07:17PM
It did have an update, but all it seemed to do was install Everyone Votes and Check Mii Out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login