Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another HBC problem -- smash stack on 4.3u

Posted by ThatTurkeyStory 
Another HBC problem -- smash stack on 4.3u
September 02, 2010 05:05AM
I'm trying to install the HBC via smash stack using the hackmii installer v0.8's boot.elf. I'm able to get the install menu to load up without any problem via stage builder, but when I try to install the HBC an exception is thrown. This is my first time trying to install anything on the wii. I am using a 1 gig micro-sd card, if that means anything -- I see that some people have had problems with them, though given that the install menu successfully pops up I'm guessing that's not the issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Another HBC problem -- smash stack on 4.3u
September 02, 2010 05:07AM
I still have to recommend that you try a regular SD card.
September 02, 2010 05:12AM
Okay, thanks. I figured that'd be the case given the other recent thread, it just seemed like my situation may be a little different. I'll post an update tomorrow whether or not that fixes the problem.
September 03, 2010 10:31AM
I got a new SD card and I still have the same exact problem. I've submitted a bug report.
September 03, 2010 03:47PM
It is strange. If you say that the installer loads and the exception is thrown until you select to install the HBC, then there is nothing wrong with the SD card or the exploit.
September 03, 2010 09:11PM
I got the Wii shortly after E3 this year as the motion-plus bundle with wii sports resort. I'm wondering if the newer Wiis are somehow different.
September 04, 2010 02:46AM
There should be an installer.log file on your SD card. Please post its contents here.
September 04, 2010 04:00AM
I linked it in my bug report (item 371 in the tracker). Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login