Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Regarding the recent Wii update

Posted by SifJar 
Re: New version of menu 4.3
September 10, 2010 08:37PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Shouldn't this thread just be merged with this one?

[forum.wiibrew.org]

Done.
Re: Regarding the recent Wii update
September 11, 2010 07:21PM
If incrementing all the IOS by 1 was to block patched IOS, I wonder what the purpose for adding the Korean IOS was for? Parsimony?
September 11, 2010 08:02PM
Kage52124
If incrementing all the IOS by 1 was to block patched IOS, I wonder what the purpose for adding the Korean IOS was for? Parsimony?

To prevent a workaround for downgrading and consequently patching IOS, which involved installing an old Korean IOS that had a bug fixed in all other IOS present, as has been said at least once or twice in this thread.
September 26, 2010 03:22AM
I know this is old but I'm a little scared right now. Whenever I go to update, it says:

IMPORTANT: If yourselves Wii console includes unauthorized modifications, this update may detect and remove unauthorized content causing immediate or delayed inoperability of your console. If you do not wish to accept this update, you can hold down the POWER button for 4 seconds.

I have HBC and V4.3u, but with this message, I was still uncertain to update.
September 26, 2010 06:26AM
You can update. They've always had that message (since 3.4) because of the Twilight Hack. I don't know how many times it's been said but the update doesn't affect homebrew.
September 26, 2010 10:20AM
If you had bothered to read the first post, you would have seen very clearly that this doesn't affect homebrew at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login