Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to get current angle from the MotionPlus with wiiuse.

Posted by daragao 
How to get current angle from the MotionPlus with wiiuse.
September 29, 2010 12:23AM
Hello,

I know this problem has been talked about over and over again, but I'm very ignorant in this hole WM+ thing. Please be patient with me.

I am using wiiuse library (i'm obliged to use it!), from the fwiine library.
I want to transform the motion plus angular rate values that I get into the current angle.
I know still don't understand should I use also the accelerometer values?
How can I calibrate the 0 value? Should I just do the mean value of the angular rates during a few seconds?
I am polling the wiimote data every 0.05 seconds from a thread, is that to fast or to slow?

Please help me with some newbye info on how to do this?

Thank you :D

P.S.: Sorry for asking a question which has been asked 30000 times, but from the threads I read, i just couldn't understand very clearly how to do it, they all seem very vague.
Re: How to get current angle from the MotionPlus with wiiuse.
September 29, 2010 03:36AM
Are you trying to get your Wii or your PC to read these values?
September 29, 2010 04:24AM
my guess hes using his computer or ehh cant be usb gecko ... his pc must be hooked to his wii to analzye it
September 29, 2010 04:43AM
bob123456
my guess hes using his computer or ehh cant be usb gecko ... his pc must be hooked to his wii to analzye it
Please don't post unless you're contributing to the thread. USB gecko has nothing to do with this.
September 29, 2010 06:19AM
okay ill contribute : google it and please op give more details of what you are using/doing
September 29, 2010 09:45AM
bob123456, for lack of a more generic name...

Your comments lack any meaning. Unless it were for guiding people to different sites that we, by rule, cannot directly link, we tell people to google something. But given that what he asks is quite valid, is experimental and clearly there are not enough documents available out there that can help, he is allowed to ask.

Referring people to google just because you do not know anything is downright stupid. Do not post anything else here unless it is relevant to the topic.
September 29, 2010 10:18AM
Hi again,

I'm using a Bluetooth dongle and a wiimote, I think it is the usual stuff, nothing fancy.
The library I'm using is wiiuse, and it is working fine, i just want to know, once I have the angle rate (montion plus raw data) what should I do to get the current angle?

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login