Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Not a valid Wii application"

Posted by TurboPunz 
"Not a valid Wii application"
October 02, 2010 04:20PM
I already have the Wii Homebrew Channel and BootMii installed on my Wii, the system menu is 4.3U, but this is not about that, it's about this:
Whenever I try to run the savegames extractor/installer that I downloaded straight from the Wiki pages, they don't work.
I put it in these folders in my SD Card
(root)/apps/savegameinstaller/extractor
Respectively.

I renamed the files boot.elf and boot.dol, for both applications, and yet, whenever I try using the applications, an error message comes up saying that they're not valid Wii applications. What am I doing wrong?
Re: "Not a valid Wii application"
October 02, 2010 04:32PM
Those apps are really, really, really outdated. They're so old in fact, that the HBC doesnt recognize them. Use updated builds.
October 02, 2010 06:10PM
I recommend you to use SaveGame Manager MOD (simple interface) or SaveGame Manager GX (fancy graphic interface) instead.

However you need an IOS with NAND permissions enabled in order to use any of them. As you planned to use SaveGame Extractor/Installer, I can assume you already know that and have one.
October 02, 2010 06:39PM
Axel
I recommend you to use SaveGame Manager MOD (simple interface) or SaveGame Manager GX (fancy graphic interface) instead.

However you need an IOS with NAND permissions enabled in order to use any of them. As you planned to use SaveGame Extractor/Installer, I can assume you already know that and have one.

SG Extractor/Installer don't need any patched IOS, they require the original disc to be inserted, and access the disc, which gains the necessary permissions to access that game's save file.

If you do not want/know how to get a patched IOS (or if you don't know what that means), you should be able to get the two apps you mentioned to run by converting them into valid .dol files. (renaming them is NOT the same thing). Use this to convert them: [wiibrew.org]

Of course, it is probably "better" to use a more up-to-date tool, but as they all require patched IOS (AFAIK), I cannot advise any of them unless you know what you're doing.
October 02, 2010 07:06PM
SifJar
Of course, it is probably "better" to use a more up-to-date tool, but as they all require patched IOS (AFAIK), I cannot advise any of them unless you know what you're doing.
There's a lot of IOSs SaveGame Manager MOD will work just fine with. No patching required.
October 02, 2010 07:18PM
Arikado
SifJar
There's a lot of IOSs SaveGame Manager MOD will work just fine with. No patching required.

Not on an updated Wii though ;) Trying to keep things simple for the n00b :p
October 02, 2010 10:23PM
They are already distributed as .dol as well as .elf files. If you were using the .elf, try the .dol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login