Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to update the Wii Shop Channel

Posted by Rizaria 
How to update the Wii Shop Channel
October 04, 2010 01:46AM
I'm on 4.1 and don't want to update/go through the hassle of getting stuff working again.

How do I go about just getting the Wii Shop Channel working again? WiiSCU seems to be gone, is there another app I can use?
Re: How to update the Wii Shop Channel
October 04, 2010 02:06AM
Use DOP-Mii to install the latest revision of IOS 56 and the shop channel.
October 04, 2010 03:07AM
jbc007
Use DOP-Mii to install the latest revision of IOS 56 and the shop channel.

Thanks, exactly what I needed!

Now to figure out why nothing is appearing in my Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock store..
October 07, 2010 10:52PM
Hey guys I have a similar question, i figured I'd just ask it here...

I have the latest version of the homebrew channel, and I just updated my Wii to the latest System Menu. If I click on the Wii shop channel and if it asks for me to update something will it remove the HBC?
October 07, 2010 11:13PM
No. And it won't ask you to update, as you have apparently just updated.
October 07, 2010 11:31PM
It might be a case when he already updated to 4.3 but he has not installed the Korean IOS update.

It fits on what he says... he has updated his SYSTEM MENU to the latest version, but the Wii Shop still asks him to update.
October 07, 2010 11:38PM
No, he said he just updated his Wii i.e. has latest full update. And he didn't say that Shop Channel did ask for an update, he said if it asked for an update, purely hypothetical.
October 07, 2010 11:48PM
If you updated before Sept. 7th, then you'll need to update again. If it was Sept. 9th or later that you last updated, you don't need to do another update. The Sept. 7th update was just an update for anti-DVD piracy measures (does not attack the Homebrew Channel or anything supported through WiiBrew), so HBC should be safe if you're on version 1.0.7+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 11:49PM by Mestizo.
October 08, 2010 05:26PM
Mestizo
The Sept. 7th update was just an update for anti-DVD piracy measures (does not attack the Homebrew Channel or anything supported through WiiBrew), so HBC should be safe if you're on version 1.0.7+

Nothing to do with DVD, just anti-piracy in general.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login