Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Think I am doing something wrong...

Posted by bundychik 
Think I am doing something wrong...
October 05, 2010 12:21PM
I started a thread the other day that has since been closed so I am hoping that someone can help me...

I am trying to set our wii (version 3.3E) so we can use all region games and not just the Australian region ones.

I bought a SD card reader off ebay and it arrived today.

I have the following files on it:

a folder named apps containing -

homebrew browser (boot.dol, icon.png, loop.mod, meta.xml, settings.xml)

also in the apps folder is: private/wii/title/aktn/content.bin

boot.elf on the root menu

When I put the card in the wii and go through the menu to channels and sd card all i am getting on the screen is a lot of squares and text saying that there are 11000 blocks available.

I am hoping that someone can point out where I am going wrong and help me fix it!
Re: Think I am doing something wrong...
October 05, 2010 12:22PM
forgot to say thanks in advance!
October 05, 2010 05:02PM
Yes your topic was closed because of another user; Sorry about that.

The "private" folder should not be in the "apps" folder. The "apps" folder is for when you already have the Homebrew Channel.
On the root of your SD card should be the "private" folder and "boot.elf".
October 06, 2010 02:21AM
thanks bg4545

I will have another go at it when I get home from work!

You can probably expect another HELP post later on tonight!
October 06, 2010 08:07AM
and here it is...

I did what you suggested and moved the private folder onto the root of the sd card and lo and behold when I inserted it I got the load boot.dol/elf file dialogue box...woohoo!

So I have installed hbc and bootmii (which I could only install as IOS) and then inserted the non australian region disc and it still wont read it.

I am guessing you are not coming to Oz in the near future bg4545 and can come and fix it for me????
October 06, 2010 08:20AM
What you need to do is put Gecko OS in your apps folder and run you out-of-region games with Gecko OS.
October 06, 2010 09:37AM
Did that - thanks...I am getting closer!

I have loaded the game through gecko and all I am getting is a blank screen - does it take a while to load the game??

It comes up with the game ID etc and then jsut goes black...
October 06, 2010 11:45AM
bg4545 - thank you for all of your help with setting this up - very much appreciated.

We have got it going and monster buck hunter is working a treat...one very happy man in there with a gun!

I just went into the config for gecko and changed the settings for ntsc from no to yes and we are working perfectly!

thanks again!
November 27, 2010 10:03PM
bundychik
bg4545 - thank you for all of your help with setting this up - very much appreciated.

We have got it going and monster buck hunter is working a treat...one very happy man in there with a gun!

I just went into the config for gecko and changed the settings for ntsc from no to yes and we are working perfectly!

thanks again!

Happy to help!
November 27, 2010 10:05PM
Linuz
Happy to help!

1) You did nothing to help whatsoever.
2) Don't resurrect old threads, it is known as necro-posting and is considered bad manners.
November 27, 2010 10:40PM
SpeedFlow
Linuz
Happy to help!

1) You did nothing to help whatsoever.
2) Don't resurrect old threads, it is known as necro-posting and is considered bad manners.

And you have 2 post under your belt and this is all you have to say. Your post does no good anyway, and its best if you don't feed the trolls, they will get hungry and go else where.
November 28, 2010 09:07PM
Linuz/SpeedFlow are the same person. Stop talking to yourself.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.