Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.3 freeze when homebrew is installed PLEASE HELP

Posted by barjb123 
Re: 4.3 freeze when homebrew is installed PLEASE HELP
October 21, 2010 06:32PM
How can I install and uninstall an iso? I am a little new to this. I also tired installing the bootmii and does the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 06:35PM by barjb123.
October 21, 2010 07:23PM
DOP-Mii is the easiest application to use to modify IOSes.
October 21, 2010 08:51PM
ShadowSpace
Axel
ShadowSpace
You can use the Hackmii Installer which is free and easy to use. You can get it here.

... talking about stupid posts. I wish ppl at least read before posting.

Talking about stupid posts huh, what do you call this: [forum.wiibrew.org]
Axel
bg4545
and make sure you copy all the files correctly.

And most important! Make sure you unzip the files! (local joke) *chuckle*

A joke or funny post can be more useful than giving arbitrary useless help :)
October 21, 2010 09:20PM
Axel
ShadowSpace
Axel
ShadowSpace
You can use the Hackmii Installer which is free and easy to use. You can get it here.

Axel
bg4545

And, somehow, continuing this discussion in the middle of this topic is actually helpful to the issue at hand? I really don't see the connection...

Perhaps you could continue this in private, if not drop the issue entirely?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 09:23PM by jbc007.
October 21, 2010 09:20PM
Axel
ShadowSpace
Axel
ShadowSpace

Axel
bg4545

That *"joke"* wasn't funny. Henceforth not helpful, please come back when you know when understand the meaning of funny. Who said funny(useless) info is better than nothing.
October 21, 2010 09:47PM
Irrlicht
Axel
ShadowSpace
Axel
ShadowSpace

Axel
bg4545

That *"joke"* wasn't funny. Henceforth not helpful, please come back when you know when understand the meaning of funny. Who said funny(useless) info is better than nothing.

Could you please stop this argument, be mature. It is no way helpful to barjb123, or anybody else.
October 22, 2010 02:39AM
lol, come on guys, don't make such a fuss out of nothing.

Mods, please feel free to delete all the posts related to that stuff and let's focus on helping barjb123.

I'd also go with the idea of removing IOS58 and retrying the install so it will choose another IOS.
October 23, 2010 03:02AM
Don't know guys, it will not load the channel for some reason. You think if I tried a different game like smash stack, or yu-gi will make a difference at all. I mean I still will be using the same installer.
October 23, 2010 03:32PM
barjb123
Don't know guys, it will not load the channel for some reason. You think if I tried a different game like smash stack, or yu-gi will make a difference at all. I mean I still will be using the same installer.

I don't think using another exploit would make a difference, since apparently the problem is past the exploit. The exploit is only used to launch the installer, once the installer has been launched it has nothing to do with it.

As the installer is launching and the log file is generating, I am sure it is not related to the exploit. The only thing I can think of is, as I mentioned earlier, uninstall IOS58 with DOP-Mii so the installer will choose another IOS for running.
October 24, 2010 12:24PM
Hello guys,
Like barjb123 I'm new at this but I'm willing to do it.
I've the same problem, the same black screen while the HBC is installing.
I understand that to uninstall IOS58 I need to do it with DOP-Mii but if I wanna use it, I need HBC to launch it. but it didn't manage to install it so I haven't HBC.
I use the Yu gi Owned exploit.
and my wii used to be hacked until my brother updated it by mistake..
(English is not my native language, so be kind with my mistakes)
thanks for helping fixing!
October 24, 2010 02:24PM
ggui
Hello guys,
Like barjb123 I'm new at this but I'm willing to do it.
I've the same problem, the same black screen while the HBC is installing.
I understand that to uninstall IOS58 I need to do it with DOP-Mii but if I wanna use it, I need HBC to launch it. but it didn't manage to install it so I haven't HBC.
I use the Yu gi Owned exploit.
and my wii used to be hacked until my brother updated it by mistake..
(English is not my native language, so be kind with my mistakes)
thanks for helping fixing!

You need to pack DOP-Mii into a *.WAD so you can install it as a channel and you don't need the HBC.
October 24, 2010 06:19PM
Energizer
You need to pack DOP-Mii into a *.WAD so you can install it as a channel and you don't need the HBC.

Don't do this. Simply launch DOP-Mii through the exploit of your choice. All you have to do is remove or rename the Hackmii installer executable (boot.elf), and put the boot.dol from DOP-Mii on the root of your SD card. Then run Yu Gi Owned or another exploit.
October 24, 2010 07:44PM
jbc007
Energizer

Don't do this. Simply launch DOP-Mii through the exploit of your choice. All you have to do is remove or rename the Hackmii installer executable (boot.elf), and put the boot.dol from DOP-Mii on the root of your SD card. Then run Yu Gi Owned or another exploit.

Yu-Gi-Oh exploit is what he is having trouble with, he couldn't use it. So you should see if another exploit works & install it that way.
October 24, 2010 07:59PM
Energizer
Yu-Gi-Oh exploit is what he is having trouble with, he couldn't use it. So you should see if another exploit works & install it that way.

No it isn't. The exploit is working fine.
October 24, 2010 08:07PM
Energizer
jbc007
Energizer

So how do you advise he installs the WAD? Any method that could be used to launch a WAD installer could be used to launch dop-Mii.
October 24, 2010 10:54PM
SifJar
Energizer
jbc007
Energizer

So how do you advise he installs the WAD? Any method that could be used to launch a WAD installer could be used to launch dop-Mii.

That's what I'm saying!!
October 24, 2010 11:20PM
No. You're saying he should install dop-Mii as a channel, so he won't need HBC to run dop-Mii. But that makes zero sense, because he still needs a method to launch the WAD installer, to install dop-Mii as a channel, and he could just use that method (i.e. an exploit) to run dop-Mii in the first place.

Or are you suggesting this so he can have HW_AHBPROT in dop-Mii? If so, how do you expect him to be able to install the channel, considering he has no patched IOS nor will he have HW_AHBPROT, so no way to install WADs?
October 25, 2010 10:58AM
[lots and lots of completely unsupported crap, that will mess up your wii and is terrible advice]

Moderator Edit: Pretty much your entire post consisted of stuff against the rules here. Don't post this crap again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 01:48PM by SifJar.
October 25, 2010 01:05PM
Sorry(EMBARASSED)!!!!!!!!!
November 07, 2010 10:42PM
i have read all of the posts and i installed the HBC with Zelda TPtwo years ago, recently i played just dance 2, and it took the chanel off ??? or so it seems!!
i had recently installed the shopping chanel !! and BBCiplayer and went through the updates otherwise it wouldnt work :-O
but im wanting to reinstall my HBC with Indiana pwns ??? and im thinking that it must be the update for the shop channel that has screwed it up?
? everything seems coincidental here as at first i thought it was JD2 but i think Nintendo have been very clever in stuffing up our beloved HBC.
May not help but i think im in the same boat :-(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login