Advanced

Semi bricked 4.3u Wii and using bootmii boot2 as elf loader

Posted by cre8ive65 
Re: Semi bricked 4.3u Wii and using bootmii boot2 as elf loader
November 03, 2010 12:32AM
Nope, installed all 5 wads, still bricked
November 03, 2010 02:33AM
It may just be a problem with that build of the formatter. As I said, people have had problems with it before. Though, just to verify, you are installing the correct IOS for the system menu you are attempting to install (IOS 80 for system menu 4.3), right? Assuming this is not the problem, you may have to try another build of the formatter.
November 04, 2010 11:31PM
I found this guide on wiihacks.com, i am a little septic as that site kinda got me into this situation in the first place, if you want me to take the link down, thats ok, but here it is, sound like it could work and its seemed to help other people, would you mind looking over this and post your result, it be great if you could

[[i]REMOVED -- Links to illegal WADs[/i]]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 11:36PM by bg4545.
November 05, 2010 12:15AM
I think I know which guide you found. If it is the one I think it is, it should work. However, this is not the place to discuss that program. I never heard a good explanation of why that application is unsupported here (though, in any case, the guide would not be supported, as practically everything on that site encourages piracy). All I remember is something about it requiring a boot2 v2 WAD, which supposedly is illegal to obtain (this is completely false, legally obtaining a boot2 v2 WAD is extremely easy). If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM. Of course, I will not provide assistance with anything illegal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 12:17AM by jbc007.
November 05, 2010 02:29AM
Ok, thanks, i will try this when i get the time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login