Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to get to Wii settings

Posted by roamer007 
Unable to get to Wii settings
October 30, 2010 03:40PM
My Wii plays games alright but i notice that the time and date was wrong. When go to the settings to try and change it I get a white screen with help links but it won't allow me to click them. Any ideas?? Maybe updating the firmware, but I don't know what verion I have...
Re: Unable to get to Wii settings
October 30, 2010 03:51PM
Do you know what Region you are running? Does your wii have any modifications such as HBC...?
October 30, 2010 06:12PM
don't know what region and has chip.
October 30, 2010 10:07PM
roamer007

It's pretty obvious that it is the mod-chip & mod-chips are not supported here, sorry.
October 30, 2010 10:31PM
ShadowSpectrum
roamer007

It's pretty obvious that it is the mod-chip & mod-chips are not supported here, sorry.

How do you know its the mod chip that messed it up, it could just something else with the firmware messed up.

To check the version press your home button top right corner I think it should tell you what version your running.
October 30, 2010 11:38PM
dirtrider73068
ShadowSpectrum
roamer007

How do you know its the mod chip that messed it up, it could just something else with the firmware messed up.

To check the version press your home button top right corner I think it should tell you what version your running.

I never said it was guaranteed to be the cause, I said that it is a likely reason. To find out your region do what dirtrider said and E is NTSC, P is PAL & J is Japan.
October 31, 2010 12:48AM
This is a region issue. It has nothing to do with the mod chip (though the mod chip could have allowed you to perform an update from an imported disc, which would cause this). Use DOP-Mii to install a system menu for your region and the system menu's IOS (IOS 60 and system menu 4.1, for example).
October 31, 2010 11:48AM
It could be that you might have done an update which was not your region. Example: NTSC Update on PAL Wii would lead to a semi-brick.
October 31, 2010 05:53PM
ShadowSpectrum
It could be that you might have done an update which was not your region. Example: NTSC Update on PAL Wii would lead to a semi-brick.

Isn't that what I just said?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login