Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Gecko Codes with Paper Mario

Posted by UltimaJoe777 
Re: Using Gecko Codes with Paper Mario
November 04, 2010 04:52AM
That is the 1st one i downloaded that did not work.

At this moment i have these folders from downloading: DopMiiBrew and DOP-Mii v13. The dopmiibrew file has no boot.dol or anything to name that but the dop-mii v13 does. the dop-mii v13 information is what allows me to load dop mii from homebrew. Therefore do i need to put the boot.dol from dop-mii into the dopmiibrew apps folder or is there something missing in this equation?
November 04, 2010 07:21AM
No, the boot.dol file is used for the specific type of app, and is highly not recomend , google "dop-mii wiibrew edition"
i had the same issue too, found the latest one version of dop-mii (wiibrew) at a random site .....lol, but i would say something that would help but not risking a ban =/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 07:22AM by reborndragoon.
November 04, 2010 08:31AM
UltimaJoe777
At this moment i have these folders from downloading: DopMiiBrew and DOP-Mii v13. The dopmiibrew file has no boot.dol or anything to name that but the dop-mii v13 does. the dop-mii v13 information is what allows me to load dop mii from homebrew. Therefore do i need to put the boot.dol from dop-mii into the dopmiibrew apps folder or is there something missing in this equation?
There is a "boot.dol" inside the zip I linked you to. You can just drag the "apps" folder from "DopMiiBrew" to your SD card.

reborndragoon
No, the boot.dol file is used for the specific type of app, and is highly not recomend , google "dop-mii wiibrew edition"
i had the same issue too, found the latest one version of dop-mii (wiibrew) at a random site
That makes no sense whatsoever. All Wii homebrew apps come as a "boot.dol" or "boot.elf"; it is an executable file. How would it be "highly not recomend"? And the version on WiiBrew is the latest one. There have been updates to the code but no release has been made.
November 04, 2010 03:12PM
There is no boot.dol inside the folder, but i dragged it onto my SD card anyway and tried it and it does not bring up dop mii on homebrew. How do i fix this and obtain the boot.dol for wiibrew?
November 04, 2010 03:21PM
It does work, though you actually have to extract the .zip and look through the folders to find it. You are attempting to use an older revision of DOP-Mii, which will not work. As I said, you must use DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition, which is currently at v14.2. V13 will not work.

Download the file, extract it, and open it. There is an apps folder and a config folder. Copy the config folder to the root of your SD card (it probably does not actually matter if you do this). Inside apps folder, there is a folder call DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition. Copy this folder to the apps folder on your SD card.
November 04, 2010 05:02PM
Then the folder named DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition is what is missing from the Wiibrew download then, and i do extract the file upon downloading...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 05:03PM by UltimaJoe777.
November 04, 2010 05:08PM
I assure you that it is there.
November 04, 2010 05:47PM
Then why does it not show up when i go into the apps folder? Are you sure there is no flaw with the download? Try it yourself and see if it is there.
November 04, 2010 05:56PM
UltimaJoe777
Then why does it not show up when i go into the apps folder? Are you sure there is no flaw with the download? Try it yourself and see if it is there.

Try re-downloading, it worked for me. I promise you it is there.
November 04, 2010 06:12PM
Can you give me the approximate download link you used? I have downloaded from the same place twice with no difference so i am wondering if you used a different link than i did.
November 04, 2010 08:01PM
UltimaJoe777
Can you give me the approximate download link you used? I have downloaded from the same place twice with no difference so i am wondering if you used a different link than i did.

It really should work for you, I don't know why it isn't yet. Anyway here is the exact download that I used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 08:02PM by LaserFlash.
November 04, 2010 08:11PM
The boot.dol still is not in the folder, and i used that very download link and extracted before checking it out! Any other ways to get this done?
November 04, 2010 08:18PM
How are you extracting it? I'm sure that all the files are there; I checked before I posted the link.
The zip has these folders/files:
apps
-->DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition
__-->"boot.dol", "icon.png", "meta.XML"
config
-->DOP-Mii.cfg
November 04, 2010 09:01PM
I am extracting them the way i do any zipped folder: I open the folder and click extract all. I can try extracting them by right-clicking but i doubt the results will be the same. I had a problem getting gecko19 when a friend was helping me as well and they had to upload their files for all this for me to download, thus i downloaded an exact copy of their stuff and then it worked! It might be something about my computer or whatnot doing this, but i tried again this time right-clicking the zipped folder and clicking extract all and it came with nothing inside the apps folder once again (config folder is fine) so would it be possible for someone with the files exactly as they should be to upload it for me to download (just as i did with gecko)?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 09:04PM by UltimaJoe777.
November 04, 2010 09:05PM
Video of me downloading and extracting it: [www.screencast-o-matic.com]

If you aren't doing as I do in this video, that's your problem.
November 04, 2010 09:44PM
Well you use Windows 7 in your video whereas i use Windows XP and i noticed you opened it using TortoiseSVN. Do i need TortoiseSVN to do this properly or is wiibrew incompatable with XP?
November 04, 2010 10:27PM
I am using XP, its just skinned like Windows 7, and I open it with 7-zip, not TortoiseSVN.

I just tried something, and it looks like the built in Windows zip extraction utility will NOT work with this zip for some reason. You should install the free 7-zip, as it is far superior and can handle all manner of formats such as RAR as well, which is a common format for homebrew distribution. Try installing 7-zip and using it to extract the zip.
November 04, 2010 10:40PM
7-zip was the solution! Thank you all for your answers and if i have further problems i will return.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login