Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.3e update took my HBC off :-(

Posted by fiddler69uk 
4.3e update took my HBC off :-(
November 07, 2010 01:52PM
Hi im a newbie,

the other year i used the Zelda TP to install the HBC and it worked without fault until i bought Just Dance2,
and guess what it took it away :-(
read about the Indiana pwns and bought the game
but I kneed to know if it's safe to use on theis 4.3e wii ????
got everything i need off here but im just reluctant to try without researching it first.
Any help and addvice would be great as i dont want to brick my wii ???
I seem to remember that on the zelda TP, you had to look on the games holographic ring near the center for either JPN EUR etc ??
to link the save file to the disk ??? is this the same for Indiana PWNS ??? as the game i have is a PAL game but the disk holographic code says JPN ????

or doesnt it mater as the walk through HBC install just states your region as JPN USA EUR ?????

thanks
Re: 4.3e update took my HBC off :-(
November 07, 2010 06:20PM
Look here wiibrew.org
November 07, 2010 08:49PM
Follow my guide here. It has everything you need to know to install the HBC using Indiana Pwns. Also, you don't need to look at the inner circle for this one, only Twilight Princess. You go with the region of your Wii, not the disc version.
November 07, 2010 10:03PM
Cheers bg4545 it was your guide i have been following!! thanks for clearing the inner circle question up for me i think it was that one thing that has stopped me so far. Im going to try it out later when the wife is not watching Xfactor :-o
and thanks for your guide it's very very informative, you realy do know your stuff.

cheers again
November 07, 2010 10:10PM
No problem! If you have any more questions feel free to ask
November 09, 2010 12:19AM
Hi, Just tried the exploit and everything went fine i only went to the test stage as it said HBC can be instaled
but bootmii must be iso ??????
i clicked ok then exited as i dont want to brick it ??????
unsure how to do it as iso

any ideas?????
November 09, 2010 12:28AM
You don't need BootMii if you don't want it. The HackMii Installer won't brick you, just install the Homebrew Channel with it and you'll be fine. BootMii as boot2 provides brick protection, but if your Wii is too new you can only install BootMii as IOS which doesn't provide brick protection but allows you to use MINI.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 12:28AM by bg4545.
November 09, 2010 01:01AM
SO, I dont need the bootmii ?? and read on your tutorial that it wont work on a Black wii too ??? i bought my daughter a Black wii for her birthday.
I used to have Geko on my wii (White) and i manualy deleited this when i descoverd the update removed the HBC ??? as i backed up my originals and used the backups, legaly you are alowed to make ONE copy of any disk you own and with two youngsters my originals were getting scratched. Piracy is a bad thing and i dont condone it but like i said, i have one backup of all my games and dvds,and I use them any ideas????
please dont think i play pirated games I dont if people didnt pirate them they would be cheeper for us all ?????
November 09, 2010 01:25AM
We can't help you with playing copied games regardless of if you own them or not.
November 09, 2010 01:28AM
Just had another look on wiibrew aparently i could use a usb loader for my game iso's i have a 320gig external with my isos backedup??? any advice on this ?? if i loaded the HBC which loader would you use ??? from the apps list.
cheers
November 09, 2010 01:30AM
Thanks anyway i know what you mean.
cheers
November 09, 2010 01:31AM
How did you find that on WiiBrew? We don't support USB loaders or any backup loaders. Discussion of them is prohibited. I'm not going to help you run copied games.
November 09, 2010 04:04AM
=___= theres no back up loaders on wiibrew, must be a troll atempt.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.