Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help! I just don't get it... :-(

Posted by Monk3 
Help! I just don't get it... :-(
November 08, 2010 02:34AM
Can someone please help me, I have been looking into this all day and can't figure it out. I'm a noob to Wii hacking but am (was) technically savvy..
From what I have found out:
I downloaded a failpack at some point about a year and a half ago when I got my Wii and successfully downgraded to 3.2 and installed the homebrew channel. Yah!
Now something aren't working the way I want them to and I went into the homebrew channel... it's been a while... and I am prompted to upgrade from my 1.01 to 1.08 I believe. I do it but when it launches HackWii it says that I can't continue because of bad IOSs.
Can anyone help me get rid of the failpack ( i have no idea what it was) I installed or just help me get 1.08 going.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I should add that I used the twlight hack to install homebrew orignally. I tried downloading bootmii which is hackmii_installer_v0.8. I put it in my apps folder and launched it from homebrew and it makes the screen go black and my Wii is unresponsive and flashing and requires a reboot. I downloaded Dop-IOS MOD but I don't know what IOS I need to replace or where I would be the replacement. I downloaded Priiloader but can't get that to work. Ugh. I feel so useless at this. It seems any inquiry into anything leads to more and more acronyms and coder slang that I don't understand. I hope the above aids in clearing anything up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 02:53AM by Monk3.
Re: Help! I just don't get it... :-(
November 08, 2010 03:42AM
Use DOP-Mii to install IOS 30 v1040, and the oldest revision of every other IOS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 03:42AM by jbc007.
November 08, 2010 04:14AM
dude if you have hbc 1.0.8 and the latest bootmii then update to 4.3 or get 4.1 system menu, your problem may be because of "fake signed" or TBR ioses which you got from a fail pack.
and on another note ......Why did you use a fail pack????? im not sure now how to even try to help w/ this. =___=
November 08, 2010 04:28AM
reborndragoon
im not sure now how to even try to help w/ this. =___=
Why did you make a post then?
November 08, 2010 05:17AM
Thank you I will look into DOP-Mii tomorrow. Where do I get all the oldest revisions of IOSs? Are there any steps that you would recommend after I have all the oldest IOSs installed?

@RebornDragon: I was on a very trusted private site that had a downloadable pretty much titled "Everything you need to mod your Wii". So I went for it... because I needed to mod my newly purchased Wii. I don't know if the term failpack even existed back then. If so, I definitely hadn't heard about it. Also there were a lot of responses to the downloadable, praising it for it's ease of install and function.

JBC007: Thank you very much for the help!!! Modding the Wii seems to stay very technical vs. modding other devices. I guess it is because Nintendo keep auto-updating it. Thank you though. It has been a trying day as the Wii and TV are in a separate area of the house than the computer and all the attempted fixes I've been failing at. :-)
November 08, 2010 04:12PM
DOP-Mii automatically downloads the IOSes, so you don't need to find them anywhere. After you have installed all of the IOSes, there is nothing else you need to do. The Hackmii Installer and other homebrew will work properly.

In case you were wondering, you must reinstall all IOSes manually. An update probably would not remove that fail pack. It may or may not allow the Hackmii Installer to function, but you would likely have further problems down the road. However, after you reinstall the IOSes, you could update if you want (though there is no reason to do so).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 04:14PM by jbc007.
November 08, 2010 10:15PM
Okay, I ran DOP-Mii and revised all the IOSs while I was doing this I selected to not apply fakesign, ES_Identify, or NAND permissions. I have no idea what these are but error msg I got originally from homebrew installer was it won't do fakesign IOSs. So that is why I didn't apply fakesign. I did this to all the IOS's I could find. I installed homebrew 1.08 and it worked!! So thank you for that!!!

Problem now is that I can't run any backups (can't read disk see your wii owners manual) from backup loader from GBAfail like I used to. I went back into DOP_Mii and went to start it like before with IOS36 (default) and now it says that I can't use IOS36 because it is not fakesigned. Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 12:24AM by bg4545.
November 08, 2010 11:20PM
That is against the rules, see why i didnt want to help? =____=
are you aware of the box you must check before your allowed to post a topic? Dude wiibrew is not a place for pirates . so this is probaly as far as you will get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 11:22PM by reborndragoon.
November 08, 2010 11:44PM
@reborndragon: Since when is playing a backup of a master pirating? I've got kids man, those masters would be scratched useless in a week.
November 09, 2010 12:22AM
Backup loaders are still against the rules. We won't help you here.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.