Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem loading homebrew

Posted by bikerwii 
problem loading homebrew
December 29, 2008 03:12AM
I am sure this has been asked and answered a million times already, but i am miss understanding something. I followed the instructions as they read and when i load homebrew i get a messgae saying that Failed to read boot.elf (-1) I have reformatted the disk and it say it is formatted as fat. what am i doing wrong, I am about to give up and forget about it.
Re: problem loading homebrew
December 29, 2008 06:41AM
I'm having the exact same problem and I've been trying to figure it out for about 3 hours now, I've read the FAQs on like every sight related at least once and they all say the exact same thing that I've already done but it still doesn't work. Maybe you're just technologically challenged like me.
December 29, 2008 08:43AM
What version of The Homebrew Channel do you have? Because all programs should now be in DOL format, not ELF.
December 29, 2008 01:01PM
Ok, I changed sd cards and I think I got a little further, I got past that error and am at the next one that says 0300 error
December 29, 2008 05:13PM
Files named boot.elf no longer load with the homebrew channel. They need to be boot.dol

You can fix the files yourself using the elf to dol converter tool or by contacting an apps developer and telling the developer to upgrade to the .dol format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 05:13PM by Arikado.
December 29, 2008 08:44PM
Are you guys stuck trying to install the homebrew channel? Make sure you've got the HBC installer at the root of your SD card, i.e. the very first folder when you open up the card in a file browser (Explorer etc.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 08:45PM by iofthestorm.
December 30, 2008 12:59AM
Yes I can't get homebrew loaded. I have it as the first folder and have it named boot.dol, then I have the private folder and then the apps folder. Do the apps have to be on the sd card in order to load homebrew? or do I need to name all the files in the apps folder with .dol?
December 30, 2008 03:20AM
No, just try a different SD card. Your sd card should look like this:
/private/
/apps/
boot.dol

Run the Twilight Hack and it should install the HBC, if not, try a new SD card.
December 30, 2008 04:01AM
Alright now that I am almost bald from pulling my hair out. I tried with the apps and without I now get a message that says / exception 0400 occured / I don't know what to do.
December 30, 2008 04:13AM
Ok, I just found something out. we just got the wii for christmas and i am not sure what version it is. I think my kids seen it needed an update and started it and then stopped before it finished. Could that be the error I am getting?
December 30, 2008 04:50AM
you can't stop an update before it's finished, unless you unplug it which is just stupid.
December 30, 2008 05:01AM
Ok, I finally got homebrew loaded on my wii. I try playing tetris nd it says it is not a valid wii application. now what?
December 30, 2008 05:09AM
With the newer Homebrew Channel, files that are .elf do not work. You need to convert the boot.elf to boot.dol. You can use this ELF to DOL converter
February 01, 2009 09:31AM
hi i have the same problom with the home brew error 0400 occured, can you please tell me how do i get around this many thanks sy.
February 02, 2009 12:34AM
funkysy
hi i have the same problom with the home brew error 0400 occured, can you please tell me how do i get around this many thanks sy.
Please read this guide and be sure you have done everything correctly.
February 02, 2009 01:02AM
whoa!! xx_xxsammiexx_xx, do NOT talk about the backup launcher here, and especially do NOT link to it!!!

would a mod please delete that soon? I would If I could...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 01:03AM by DrLucky.
February 02, 2009 01:44AM
Yeah I reported it already... That's what the Report button is for...
They'll get to it
February 02, 2009 02:50AM
Thanks for the report guys :) Its been taken care of and the comment deleted.
February 02, 2009 05:04AM
duh...wow... I've NEVER noticed that report button...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login