Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Wii Party

Posted by cptgarfieldmc 
Help with Wii Party
November 22, 2010 12:55PM
I hope someone can help me playing my Wii Party game (shows only the welcome screen on Disc Channel but doesn't load afterwards & shows a black screen). I have a System Menu 3.3 but I'm not very keen updating as I might get issues with my HBC 1.0.8 (which is the reason why I hardmodded it ages ago). Is there a way around this dillema? Thanks in advance.
Re: Help with Wii Party
November 22, 2010 05:50PM
By "hardmodding", are you talking about something like adding a modchip? Modchips are not supported here. If you used Twilight Hack, Bannerbomb, or any other exploit, that's called "softmodding". You don't need to work with the Wii's innards to install Homebrew Channel, and I hope you didn't pay someone to do it for you.

Well, assuming you didn't actually hardmod it, an upgrade should have no ill effects for Homebrew Channel, since you say it is at 1.0.8. I have heard reports that hardmodded consoles will be bricked by the update.
November 22, 2010 08:26PM
You're missing the IOS that the game requires. Use Gecko OS to load the game, and it'll prompt you to install an IOS. Accept it, and allow Gecko OS to install the IOS for you. If it fails (it may do, but don't worry about it), use dop-Mii: WiiBrew Edition to install the latest revision of the IOS Gecko OS told you to install. Then the game will work from the disc channel after that. (the reason this happened is because you have patched your System Menu to remove disc updates, or your modchip blocks disc updates).
November 23, 2010 07:05AM
Still, unless you depend on something not supported here, there's no reason to not update, as far as I know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login