Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"forced" update workaround?

Posted by imajackastro 
"forced" update workaround?
December 04, 2010 12:13PM
Hey, I recently hacked my wii using the Smash Stack "technique" (because I was updated to the latest 4.3U version)

Aaaanyways, after making a few adjustments to my system to make [fail] compatible, I popped in my Rock Band 3 disc and decided to play, only to have the wii prompt me for a system update before I can play.

Now I can still work around this via [fail], and this really wouldn't bother me at all, but I have siblings that like to play the Wii all the time and I'm afraid if they try playing a game that requires the official 4.3U then they will get rid of the HBC.

Is there any way to disable the prompt to update on games? I know its definitely not necessary to upgrade to 4.3U, seeing as how it already runs the game fine when I use [fail]. I just need a way to be able to keep my HBC (as well as my [fail]) as well as the original Disc Channel.

Any help would be much appreciated! My friend actually helped me hack my wii, so I'm not a whiz at hacking keywords, but I do know the basics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 04:45PM by SifJar.
Re: "forced" update workaround?
December 04, 2010 04:44PM
Backups are NOT supported here, read the rules please. And no current update will remove the current HBC, all current updates are perfectly safe. I have 4.3 installed on my Wii, and have no issues with running HBC.
December 04, 2010 06:12PM
Sorry, I didn't intend to say I was using a USB loader. But I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Last time I updated to 4.3 to play rockband, it removed my old HBC.

I'm not saying I won't be able to put HBC on when I have 4.3, I'm saying when I actually DO update to 4.3 (cause its "necessary" to play) I'm almost sure it will remove my HBC. I don't want my siblings to accept the update and remove my HBC so I'll have to put HBC on the wii again.
December 04, 2010 06:18PM
No updating will NOT remove HBC. It did, but it will not remove the latest version of HBC. 4.3 will attempt to delete HBC every time the Wii is turned on, but it uses the OLD title ID to indentify HBC, and therefore 4.3 will NEVER delete HBC 1.0.7+. The update process doesn't delete HBC, it's the new System Menu that does it.
December 04, 2010 06:20PM
It removed your old HBC cause your HBC was less then the current version of 1.0.8. If you want to play and not update run gecko os.
December 04, 2010 06:39PM
Oh okay, I needed clarification there. Thanks for the help.

1 more question though. Would updating to 4.3 (which I already have -- makes no sense) change the IOS's or something, and screw up my *illegal program*
December 04, 2010 07:30PM
imajackastro
1 more question though. Would updating to 4.3 (which I already have -- makes no sense) change the IOS's or something, and screw up my *illegal program*

We won't help you for your illegal problems, but the system menu 4.3 does changes a few IOSes, here are the changes:

1) System Menu uses IOS80
2) Stubbed IOS254
3) Added IOS58

I don't know if it will "screw up" your piracy, in fact, if I did know I wouldn't tell you. Piracy isn't supported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 07:32PM by Stranded.
December 04, 2010 07:30PM
It'd update some IOS that you probably stupidly downgraded. We don't really care if it keeps your precious piracy working or not tbh.
December 04, 2010 07:41PM
If he runs it in gecko os it would tell him what IOS needs to be updated anyway wouldn't it? If so then chose to install it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login