Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew channel app

Posted by barjb123 
Homebrew channel app
December 19, 2010 04:16AM
I have final got the home brew channel installed on my wii. Tried the Indian exploit would not work, so tried Wheelie Breakers worked perfect. So excited I finally got the channel to load. Now I just need to know what apps do I need and how do I put them on the channel page. Also do I need to install bootmii. I installed it as an iso but what does it do.Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 04:55AM by barjb123.
Re: Homebrew channel app
December 19, 2010 06:28AM
If you want to learn more about Bootmii go here

As for the apps, you just need to put them on your SD card. exactly where is explained here
December 19, 2010 04:56PM
Ok I read over the info and from my understanding I do not need bootmii and the apps seem real easy to do. I do not have a hard drive right now should I invest in one if so does it matter what brand. Also I have read somewhere that the sd card reader will read sdhc cards and other places say it will not. Does anyone know if it can read the schc cards.
December 19, 2010 06:05PM
Why would you need a hard drive? Unless you plan on using a LOT of homebrew games, it is completely unnecessary. SDHC cards are perfectly compatible with HBC and recent System Menus, but most games supporting SD cards (e.g. Super Smash Bros. Brawl) will ONLY support regular SD cards, not SDHC, because when they were made, the Wii did not support SDHC officially (it was always/nearly always supported in HBC, but not officially until the 4.0 update)
December 20, 2010 01:45AM
Thanks, thats what I needed to know. Again thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login