Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

installing homebrew on 4.3u

Posted by 3l3m3nt 
December 28, 2010 01:30AM
we just got a wii 4.3u and would like the homebrew channel can anyone help me install is safely? thnks
Re: installing homebrew on 4.3u
December 28, 2010 01:59AM
Also we do not have smash bros or indianna jones.... is it possible without these games
December 28, 2010 02:30AM
No you will need the games to run the exploit, if you don't have it go to a rental store and rent the game to get homebrew then take the game back.
December 28, 2010 02:41AM
are there any other games I can use as well or just those to options
December 28, 2010 02:52AM
There is also another yu gi oh think is how its spelled. Look at wiibrew.org there is good info.
December 28, 2010 06:28PM
If you don't want to buy the games, then you can just rent them. You don't need the games for very long.
December 28, 2010 06:45PM
OK so first of all i would like to say how excited i am to be able to install homebrew on my family's WII!!!
Im currently running 3.4 on my system... from what i can gather if i update to 4.3 (to install Opera channel) i should be ok to still install with the smash bros exploit....am i correct? i am completely new to this so please be patient.
December 28, 2010 09:11PM
Terryc
OK so first of all i would like to say how excited i am to be able to install homebrew on my family's WII!!!
Im currently running 3.4 on my system... from what i can gather if i update to 4.3 (to install Opera channel) i should be ok to still install with the smash bros exploit....am i correct? i am completely new to this so please be patient.

[wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
December 29, 2010 08:09PM
Thank you very much just wish i would of seen your post before i updated...the banner bomb would of work nicely for me. So im assuming there's no exploit other than banner bomb that i can use without a game?

And also is it possible to dump files from a flash drive?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 08:11PM by Terryc.
December 30, 2010 05:55PM
And also i was going thru your manual and it said something about not having the dvd function on one method....is that limited to your system build ? Or just the method?
December 30, 2010 07:04PM
Terryc
And also i was going thru your manual and it said something about not having the dvd function on one method....is that limited to your system build ? Or just the method?
That is a hardware limitation. Sometime recently(I'm not sure when exactly, 1-2 years ago), nintendo replaced their DVD drives so that they will ONLY read original wii disks, and not starndard DVD's.
Also, why would you need to dump your USB flash drive, you can read all the files on it on your computer, but if you want to view your files on your wii, try WiiXplorer.
December 31, 2010 01:52AM
Ok guys...i went and bought smash bros the sandisk sd 2 gig the card reader now every time i try to copy files to the disk it says (the system cannot find the file specified) grrrr im assuming its bbecause i need to format to FAT or FAT32.....lol how do i do this

oh and when i right click disk e it gives me the option to format....but dosn't do anything when i click it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 02:06AM by Terryc.
January 01, 2011 06:04PM
If it says, "Windows cannot find the file specified" then it isn't your SD card. Try dragging the files into your SD card's window. You don't have to do this one by one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 06:08PM by linyuan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login