Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help for Wii v2.2

Posted by zel108 
Need help for Wii v2.2
January 09, 2011 08:39PM
I have an old Wii machine with version 2.2. Hardly to find information about how to upgrade from v2.2, so need help for softmod step by step.Spent a lot of time searching information about how to do but not fit my Wii v2.2. Do I really an original disc of 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess' ?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 05:40AM by zel108.
Re: Need help for Wii v2.2
January 09, 2011 10:01PM
You can try using bannerbomb, though I can't guarantee it will work.
January 09, 2011 10:10PM
Look here.
It is an excellent guide for installing homebrew on all system menus.
January 09, 2011 10:41PM
You could upgrade with a disc game to a later System Menu to use bannerbomb if it doesn't work for you. Many games released in the first half of 2010 should have 4.1 or 4.2, with which bannerbomb works. Games from 2009 should have 4.0 or 4.1 I think.
January 10, 2011 12:04AM
SifJar
You could upgrade with a disc game to a later System Menu to use bannerbomb if it doesn't work for you. Many games released in the first half of 2010 should have 4.1 or 4.2, with which bannerbomb works. Games from 2009 should have 4.0 or 4.1 I think.
Currently I have Mario Party 8, Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party and The Golden Compass on hand but don't know which have new version and how to upgrade.I will try, but its really nice if you can give a step by step. Thank you!

g_man
Look here.
It is an excellent guide for installing homebrew on all system menus.

Thank you for the link but they still ask me the game disc that I don't have.

BTW, is there any safe way for me to backup my current Wii system incase of system crash and I have a backup to restore?

Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 12:14AM by zel108.
January 10, 2011 12:31AM
Did you try Bannerbomb? That's in the guide that you were linked to and doesn't require a game. See here: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
If it works then you can at least run something like DOP-Mii to update parts of your system (such as installing IOS58 for the Homebrew Channel to work).
January 10, 2011 12:41AM
You don't have to own the game, infact you only need it for a couple of minutes. Just go to the store and rent Twilight Princess, or you can rent Lego Indiana Jones and upgrade so that you can use the Indiana Pwns exploit. Also, if you are in the US, you can use Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

When you use the Hackmii installer, there is a program called bootmii. since your wii has version 2.2 I think you will be able to install it as boot2, which means that you will have the ability to backup and restore your system even if it gets bricked. If you can't install it as boot2, it will install as an IOS. if you only have it as an IOS you can still backup your wii, but it can be dagerous to restore, because if something goes wrong(such as losing power) you will have a bricked wii that you cannot restore, but luckily none of these problems exist if you install bootmii as boot2.If you are unfortunate enough to only have bootmii as an IOS, you can install priiloader, which will allow you to start the HBC, before the system menu, so that you can restore if your system menu breaks.
January 10, 2011 02:44AM
bg4545
Did you try Bannerbomb? That's in the guide that you were linked to and doesn't require a game. See here: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
If it works then you can at least run something like DOP-Mii to update parts of your system (such as installing IOS58 for the Homebrew Channel to work).

Thank you for the help and I really wanna to know how to backup my wii system first before update.
January 10, 2011 02:48AM
g_man
You don't have to own the game, infact you only need it for a couple of minutes. Just go to the store and rent Twilight Princess, or you can rent Lego Indiana Jones and upgrade so that you can use the Indiana Pwns exploit. Also, if you are in the US, you can use Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

When you use the Hackmii installer, there is a program called bootmii. since your wii has version 2.2 I think you will be able to install it as boot2, which means that you will have the ability to backup and restore your system even if it gets bricked. If you can't install it as boot2, it will install as an IOS. if you only have it as an IOS you can still backup your wii, but it can be dagerous to restore, because if something goes wrong(such as losing power) you will have a bricked wii that you cannot restore, but luckily none of these problems exist if you install bootmii as boot2.If you are unfortunate enough to only have bootmii as an IOS, you can install priiloader, which will allow you to start the HBC, before the system menu, so that you can restore if your system menu breaks.

Thank you very much for such detailed infomation! Do you mean that I am possible to backup my system because i have version 2.2, is that right? Its sound great! But, I must install boot2 before backup my current system. So, how about something that I did wrong and cause my system crash before boot2 ?
One more question, Do I still keep the current version 2.2 after upgrade?

Thank you again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 02:50AM by zel108.
January 10, 2011 04:20AM
Is it made easy if I upgrade my current version 2.2 to version 4.3 from Nintendo official connection? The only concer is that I may lost chance to backup and restore my original version 2.2.
January 10, 2011 06:00AM
the only problem with upgrading to 4.3 is that you won't be able to use the bannerbomb or twilight princess exploits. If you are planning on using either indiana pwns, or smash stack, then it is fine to use the online upgrade. Again, if you want to use bannerbomb, then you'll have to update with an earlier game disk.
Don't worrie, bootmii isn't affected by your system menu version, it is affected by code that is impossible for nintendo to update. Also, if you update you won't be able to go back to version 2.2, but there is no reason to be there anyway.
As for your other boot2 concern, it is 100% impossible for anything to happen to any code before boot2. Making it an perfect brick protection.
January 10, 2011 06:54AM
g_man
the only problem with upgrading to 4.3 is that you won't be able to use the bannerbomb or twilight princess exploits. If you are planning on using either indiana pwns, or smash stack, then it is fine to use the online upgrade. Again, if you want to use bannerbomb, then you'll have to update with an earlier game disk.
Don't worrie, bootmii isn't affected by your system menu version, it is affected by code that is impossible for nintendo to update. Also, if you update you won't be able to go back to version 2.2, but there is no reason to be there anyway.
As for your other boot2 concern, it is 100% impossible for anything to happen to any code before boot2. Making it an perfect brick protection.

Thank you g_man, do you know which Game contains high version then my 2.2 and support myself offline upgrade and which version you suggest me to upgrade?
January 10, 2011 01:45PM
zel108
Thank you g_man, do you know which Game contains high version then my 2.2 and support myself offline upgrade and which version you suggest me to upgrade?
Any System Menu between 3.0 and 4.2 will be good to update to.

Games with version 3.0 include:

Super Mario Galaxy

Games with version 3.1 include:

Disaster - Day Of Crisis
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Kart Wii
Okami
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

No known games have 3.2

Games with version 3.3 include:

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Games with version 3.4 include:

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
Punch-Out!!
Wii Sports Resort

No known games have 4.0

Games with version 4.1:

Red Steel 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Netflix Instant Streaming Disc

Games with version 4.2:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 01:58PM by metroid_maniac.
January 11, 2011 12:48AM
metroid_maniac
zel108
Any System Menu between 3.0 and 4.2 will be good to update to.

Games with version 4.2:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Thank you metroid_maniac!

Do I still have boot2 after upgrade to version 4.2?
January 11, 2011 01:11AM
If you update to 4.2 then you're boot2 will be upgraded as well, but you will still be able to install BootMii as boot2 afterwards (the boot2 version doesn't matter, the boot1 version does. boot1 can't be updated)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login