Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I doing this right?

Posted by G.G. 
Am I doing this right?
January 23, 2011 07:03AM
Hello I am new to your forums, I had seen the softmodding sites and I came here to get some in depth help. I wanted to install Homebrew on my Wii and I followed the instructions but it didn't workout to well for me. I ahve a Wii 4.3 so I cannot use Bannerbomb as it may or may not work on it. I am going to ask three questions and I want them answered in the same way.

1. I have a mirco SD Card with an adapter and my wii reads it however is it a valid Wii SD card? I have files already in my card other the files I need for my Homebrew installation but I wonder if it will invalidate my install? My question is will the Stage Builder still read the Boot file even if the card already has other files in it?

2. As for the Smash stack program itself, I wonder it will really work as I have 4.3U? Bannerbomb may or may not work on Wii so I am not taking any chances on it. On the videos I had seen on the topic, they mostly hackmii 0.7 but the latest version is 0.8. Will the latest version still work on system or do I need an earlier version of the program to use it?

3. My last question is the Warranty question, I read the wiki that I will lost my warranty if I use Homebrew. Is this true? If my wii gets bricked, I don't want it to be invalidated because I haver soemthignlike Homebrew on my system. Will my warranty be voided if I do this?

These are my questions I really them answered and Thank You.
Re: Am I doing this right?
January 23, 2011 11:34AM
G.G.

1. I have a mirco SD Card with an adapter and my wii reads it however is it a valid Wii SD card? I have files already in my card other the files I need for my Homebrew installation but I wonder if it will invalidate my install? My question is will the Stage Builder still read the Boot file even if the card already has other files in it?

2. As for the Smash stack program itself, I wonder it will really work as I have 4.3U? Bannerbomb may or may not work on Wii so I am not taking any chances on it. On the videos I had seen on the topic, they mostly hackmii 0.7 but the latest version is 0.8. Will the latest version still work on system or do I need an earlier version of the program to use it?

3. My last question is the Warranty question, I read the wiki that I will lost my warranty if I use Homebrew. Is this true? If my wii gets bricked, I don't want it to be invalidated because I haver soemthignlike Homebrew on my system. Will my warranty be voided if I do this?

These are my questions I really them answered and Thank You.

1. If your Micro SD card can be read by the Wii Menu, it can be used for Homebrew. I use one myself.
2. Smash Stack works on 4.3 with Hackmii 0.8.
3. Your warranty will be invalid if you install Homebrew.
January 23, 2011 04:47PM
So it will still read my files even if I have other files in it?
January 23, 2011 05:00PM
Umm... what? What files? If you mean "Can you use a Micro SD card for homebrew and on my computer/camera/other tech item" the answer is yes
January 23, 2011 06:40PM
II have video files and picture files in the card but you bascially answered the question I believe. Thanks a lot. Now if only I can get my Wii to see the files, I deleted all the stages but it still doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?
January 23, 2011 07:18PM
Are you using the NTSC-U (American) or NTSC-J (Japanese) version of the game? Are you looking at the SD section of the stage editor?
January 23, 2011 09:39PM
Actually you can't use a micro sd card to install homebrew, but can use it to run homebrew. You will need a 2 gig no more sd card non micro to install it, the smash stack for one won't work with a micro sd card its been known to cause problems with trying to install. Yes you will void your warranty and any repairs by nintendo if you install homebrew. They will flat refuse to fix anything if homebrew is found on your wii. There is a way to remove it so its not detected by nintendo if repairs are needed.
January 23, 2011 11:35PM
That explains everything, I guess I need to get another card but as for the warranty thing, is there really a way to remove homebrew without Nintendo knowing about it?
January 23, 2011 11:37PM
If its strictly HBC then use the hackmii installer and chose to remove it but there is a step to do it right. One of the other guys that knows how can tell you exactly what to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login