Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HomeBrew Game Launching Help

Posted by heyyahblah 
HomeBrew Game Launching Help
January 25, 2011 09:06PM
Hello everyone here,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction. I followed the steps to get this far. I have the BootMii installed as boot2 on my Wii. It is also loaded with Homebrew Channel. 4.3U Wii Console. Following the setup steps from WiiBrew.

I followed the steps as told, did as much reading as I could. I have the homebrew channel installed correctly, and installed the following apps, code downloader, cheat manager and gecko os all downloaded via the homebrew browser as recommended by forum users.

So I know how to download the cheats, create the gct files and load my original DISC GAMES via the Gecko Loader in homebrew in order to play my games with cheats.

There is one thing that I cannot figure out for the life of me to do ...

I have the games Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 on my SD card that I purchased via the Nintendo Channel with my Wiiware points. I noticed that in code downloader they have cheats for these WiiWare games.

What I would like to kknow is how can I cheat on MM9 and MM10 since I cannot load them via Gecko OS?? I can only load original Disc games, am I doing something wrong here or something am I missing an application or a Gecko addon? Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction please and thank you very much!!!
Re: HomeBrew Game Launching Help
January 25, 2011 10:08PM
Gecko OS can only cheat on Wiiware titles on the Wiis internal memory. Sorry about that. When they are on the Wii memory, just launch the channel in Gecko OS. On mine it doesn't say Megaman 9 or 10, it says "WRXE" or "WR9E" which are Megaman 10 and 9 respectively.
January 25, 2011 10:42PM
ok 2 questions please ...

can i copy the titles from my SD card back to my Wii internal memory?

And .... where do I get the options to launch channels in the gecko OS ??? I do not have this option the only option I have is launch Disc ...
January 26, 2011 02:24AM
Thank you, I figured out that I had to patch my homebrew to IOS36 in order to get Launch Channel via Gecko

I had to do this via Dop_Mii

amazing, thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login