Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help. Trying to load boot.elf. Loads & stops

Posted by Zero102 
Help. Trying to load boot.elf. Loads & stops
February 14, 2011 11:51PM
Trying to load homebrew channel. It reads the elf, says it installs then does not go to the 2nd screen. I cannpt figure out how to load the second screen where i choose the homebrew imstall. Can someone help? I am using a 1 gig sd caed - not hc. I have copiwd the boot.elf on the sd card.
Re: Help. Trying to load boot.elf. Loads & stops
February 15, 2011 02:23AM
Need more info, what system menu are you on? What exploit are you useing?
February 15, 2011 02:29AM
I am using the Indiana Jones Lego exploit - Indiana Pwns. I am running System Menu 4.3u. Once I choose the switch to option (two silhouettes, staggered, with an arrow pointing between them) - it correctly launches into loading the boot.elf. It says its a valid elf file, reads it, and then stops. It does not go into the second screen to ask me to load the Homebrew Channel.
February 15, 2011 02:34AM
[wiibrew.org]

Did you follow those steps? It explains it all how to get HBC. If you did go over them again and make sure you got it setup right.
February 15, 2011 02:57AM
I do appreciate your help. I only have 2 objects on my SD card - The boot.elf and the private directory. The private directory only contains the saved games for the Indiana Jones exploit. When I run the exploit, it loads the boot.elf and then stops. It does not go to the following screen: (I also do not have anything else on the SD card. I assume the boot.elf should launch the screen for installing homebrew channel. I do not get there.

Part 4: Installing the Homebrew Channel
You will be presented with one of the screens below; if you have a new Wii you will only be able to install BootMii as IOS.
Select continue.
Go to Homebrew Channel > Install the Homebrew Channel. You will be asked whether you want to install the channel; select yes. After installation you should get a message "finished" and return you to the initial menu.
If possible, install BootMii as boot2; if not install it as an IOS. (What is BootMii?)
February 15, 2011 09:39PM
Im Having the same trouble but my system is 4,3e

I get to the point of installing HBC and the it comes up with Exception (DSI) OccurreD !

I am new to this I have followed all the guild but I can not get past this I have Tryed 4 diffrent SD cards

Can Any one Help

Thanks
February 21, 2011 10:25PM
nimda11
I'm Having the same trouble but my system is 4,3e

I get to the point of installing HBC and the it comes up with Exception (DSI) OccurreD !

I am new to this I have followed all the guild but I can not get past this I have Tryed 4 diffrent SD cards

Can Any one Help

Thanks
I think Indiana Pwns is a NTSC reigion code only so it won't load on your PAL region code Wii. I think! If I'm wrong feel free to call me a dumbass.

Zero102
I am using the Indiana Jones Lego exploit - Indiana Pwns. I am running System Menu 4.3u.

Use Smash Stack instead of Indiana Pwns. It's easier, works better, and is less of a pain in the ass.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 10:37PM by technoman.
February 21, 2011 10:36PM
technoman
I think Indiana Pwns is a NTSC reigion code only so it won't load on your PAL region code Wii.

Zero102
I am using the Indiana Jones Lego exploit - Indiana Pwns. I am running System Menu 4.3u.

Use Smash Stack instead of Indiana Pwns. It's easier, works better, and is less of a pain in the ass.
Wrong.
Indiana Pwns works for the 3 main regions.
February 21, 2011 11:02PM
technoman
Zero102

Not easier if he doesn't have the game. And I haven't heard of Indiana Pwns being "a pain in the ass".

Try redownloading the HackMii Installer. Also, try loading another ELF file (for example, LoadMii), see if that works.
February 24, 2011 02:46AM
SifJar
Quote:
technoman

Quote:
Zero102

Not easier if he doesn't have the game. And I haven't heard of Indiana Pwns being "a pain in the ass".

Try redownloading the HackMii Installer. Also, try loading another ELF file (for example, LoadMii), see if that works.

It is. I have that game and tried to load it this way. Same thing happened and it was a big ass-biter so I just got Brawl and used Smash Stack. The only difference was I used NTSC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 02:47AM by technoman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login