Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help

Posted by lastcall77 
need help
March 08, 2011 04:21PM
I recently purchased a used wii and it the homebrew channel on it but couldn't get it to work. Since it didn't work I erased it and I'm now trying to reinstall it but when I use the bannerbomb or bootmii it keeps giving me the screen that says you have been scamed if you paid for HBC and the wii freezes up. Is there anyway around this problem since I don't know what was previously installed? My wii is using version 4.1U. Right now my wii is sort of helpless because it ask for the software update and I can't update it (error 32004) and if I do get the disc to load I get a blue screen and the error #002 message. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks
Re: need help
March 08, 2011 07:06PM
When the scam warning comes up wait a bit for "Press (1) to continue" to appear.
March 08, 2011 08:31PM
the pressing 1 option doesn't appear all I get is the scam screen I've waited up to 5 minutes and no press 1.
March 08, 2011 09:10PM
Sounds bad. That was a vaguely common bug I believe with older versions of the HackMii Installer, I thought it had been fixed for most people by not though...
March 09, 2011 04:11AM
If they are on 4.1u couldn't they use bannerbombv2 and the current hackmii installer v0.8?
March 10, 2011 05:05PM
Use bannerbomb to load dop-mii wiibrew edition
You need to install updated ios versions of ios30-36. Hackmii installer hangs at the scam screen when these ios have been downgraded to 3.2 versions. The installer will try to reload ios, starting with 30 and moving up to 36. On a newer wii these downgraded ios crash and hang the installer.
March 11, 2011 01:07AM
Thanks all I got it working..
March 11, 2011 01:52AM
Glad it is working for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login