Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP! I need somebody!

Posted by TobyMobias 
HELP! I need somebody!
June 13, 2011 10:46AM
Okay, so, I was just editing the menu.conf file in MPlayerCE (I forget the version number) like I do every so often, adding channels to the Blip.TV player, but then I put it into the Wii, turn it on, and when I open the program, there's nothing. No menu choices at all. After pushing the Home button like four times, it brings me back to the Homebrew Channel menu. I had a second version of MPlayerCE on there as well from a weird upgrading accident, so I tried it, and I got the same problem.

So I thought, maybe if I remove the older version of the program, it'll work right? WRONG. Now I just got a black screen. Took it back to my computer. Was the same as ever. Then I put it back in the Wii. Nothing appeared. Nothing in the Homebrew Channel was there. I opened it back up, and all my apps were deleted. Gone.

So, I took all my important stuff off of the card (family pictures, movies etc) and wiped it, thinking I could re-install the channel like I had before.

nope.avi

I tried the usual Bannerbomb, and when I go to the SD Card menu, it doesn't do anything at all.
EDIT: Now it says that the files are corrupted

So, yeah. Can someone help me out? I've never had a problem like this before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 11:01AM by TobyMobias.
Re: HELP! I need somebody!
June 13, 2011 05:49PM
Have you tried WiiMC instead of MPlayer CE? It's a better media player (most of the same underlying code, but it has a nice GUI).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 05:55PM by SifJar.
June 13, 2011 11:53PM
SifJar
Have you tried WiiMC instead of MPlayer CE? It's a better media player (most of the same underlying code, but it has a nice GUI).
Well, I only used MPlayer for Blip videos, and it doesn't seem to have that function.

I managed to get the Homebrew Browser back, but my MPlayer STILL does not work. I redownloaded it and put it into the apps folder, but whenever I go to one of the built-in Blip streams, I get "Network Not Yet Initialized; Please Wait". My internet connection is fine, so I don't understand what's going on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 12:00AM by TobyMobias.
June 13, 2011 11:55PM
Sounds strange. Try posting an issue on the Google Code page (I think it's linked on the WiiBrew page for MPlayer CE)
June 14, 2011 12:18AM
SifJar
Sounds strange. Try posting an issue on the Google Code page (I think it's linked on the WiiBrew page for MPlayer CE)
Now the program is on there, but it won't connect to the network, so I can't watch anything.
November 22, 2011 01:06PM
TobyMobias
SifJar
Now the program is on there, but it won't connect to the network, so I can't watch anything.
Almost half a year later, same problem. Except this time, whenever I reinstall, I get a DSI Exception upon MPlayer start up.
November 25, 2011 10:04AM
Ohoho, and then I get it working, only for this to happen almost every time I try to open a channel.

Why is this program sucking so much, and how do I fix it?
January 03, 2012 10:05AM
Sounds like an IOS issue. I would say try running DOP-Mii, reinstalling 4.3, download FailMii to your computer and add all of the nice little modified IOSes your Wii will need and add them via a WAD installer. Looks to me like you could have it thinking it's in another country, but that's not for certain.

Sorry, you can't talk about modified IOSes or programs which let you install them. Read the forum rules. -bg4545

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 10:09AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login