Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

not enough space in wii system memory

Posted by allanwilson 
not enough space in wii system memory
June 15, 2011 11:50PM
Hi,

I hope that someone will be able to help me.

Around a year ago I downloaded Homebrew Channel, I then removed it from my console. I turned it on 3 weeks ago to play newly purchased game and I received a message saying that there wan't enough system memory. I then removed all channels, saved data from my Wii but still no joy. I tried to format the console but it hung. I have tried to reinstall the Homebrew Channel using Indiana Pwns, but again it says there is not enough space in system memory. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in trying to resolve this problem.
I am using 4.3 (I know I should have read up on it before installing it!!).

Thanking any replies in advance.

Allan
Re: not enough space in wii system memory
June 15, 2011 11:54PM
Oh I forgot to add that i can access all the system areas, except the Channels in the Data Management area (console hangs).
June 16, 2011 12:15AM
To fix the hang when going into Channel Management look on your SD card for a file called:

private/wii/title/atkn/content.bin

and delete it. If you used bannerbomb at some stage that could be causing that issue. Other than that I have no idea.
June 16, 2011 10:04PM
Thanks SifJar, but what happens if I have used bannerbomb. I understand that it doesn't work on 4.3. Is there anything I can do to try and free up system memory or format the memory myself.
June 16, 2011 10:42PM
What do you mean "what happens if I have used bannerbomb"? Nothing happens. It has already happened if you have already used the exploit. Deleting the file will do nothing other than stop the Wii crashing when you try to go into Data Management and into the channels section.
June 16, 2011 11:57PM
Sorry, perhaps im not explaining myself properly.

My system is at 4.3 already and i understand that bannerbomb doesn't work on 4.3. Would having bannerbomb installed previously and having console upgraded to 4.3 have done anything to the console.

I can access all the system menus, but when i try to access the Channels section in data management that is when it crashes (with or without a SD card inserted). When i turn the console on i receive the message about not enough space on wii system memory. I wonder if this problem with the channels section is the reason why i am receiving this message (not deleted all files). I am also unable to complete a format of the system too.

Sorry for being a div with my responses but im new to HB and fear that i have knackered my console completely.

Where do i delete this file from that you are talking about in your earlier post.

Thanks again for your help.
June 17, 2011 12:06AM
You don't have bannerbomb installed, it is not something that is installed. It is placed on your SD card and used to run an application, which generally installs something (e.g. HBC). However having used bannerbomb will cause no harm.

What I am saying is that if bannerbomb is still on your sd card, that could what is crashing your Wii when you go into data management.

But if it happens without your SD card inserted, that's not the issue, and I have no idea what the problem is. Sorry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login