Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Letterbomb problem.

Posted by rob1966 
Letterbomb problem.
October 10, 2011 10:50PM
Hello,

I had loaded letterbomb onto my Wii to get the HB channel. The HB channel was just bubbles so I thought maybe I did something wrong (I have no knowledge/skill with this stuff) so I deleted channel to try again. I formatted SD card and went to letterbomb and did that over again. This time when I put the card in I didn't get the letter (checked several days - the first letter was now gone). Waited a couple days and tried all over again. Same thing.

Does anyone know if this is a one time only thing?
Re: Letterbomb problem.
October 10, 2011 11:03PM
I think it should work again, but I have to ask: What did you EXPECT to be in HBC when you installed it? Unless you PUT apps there, there won't be any there. That's why you only got bubbles. Unless you realise that you actually need to put apps on your SD card to utilize HBC, what was the point in installing it in the first place?

Before you go through the hassle of trying to get it to work again, I suggest you may want to read around on the WiiBrew wiki a bit, to work out what it is that you actually want to do. Otherwise what's the point of installing HBC at all?
October 11, 2011 12:22AM
Fair enough. Basically I was hearing about the HBC on a forum. They were modding their Wiis to play Xenoblade imports (that's not what I want it for). Basically they were just talking about how easy it was and how you could play games made by the community and other apps and emulators. I posted a reply saying something like "It's really easy huh?" and the guy just said "yeah!" and put up a link straight to letterbomb/hackmii. So I guess I assumed that the HBC would have apps or something built in and I could search from there. My mistake. Total noob about anything like this.

What I really want to do is emulate TG-16 on my Wii. The CD part of my TG-16 is no longer working and I have a bunch of games from the 90's that I would like to be able to play. I don't even know if that's possible but would like to find out. Again these are my legit games. The actual software bought brand new like fifteen plus years ago.

I have poked around the Wiibrew wiki and I may be over my head. Anything technical mentioned on here is just gibberish to me. I just tried it because the guy said the process was easy. I may need to just scrap the idea if nobody can help me through it.

EDIT: I guess I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do is even possible. I mean I know that playing games on an emulator is possible through means not discussed on the forums, but is what I want to do - actually putting a actual TG-16 disc into my Wii and having it play - is that possible? I don't expect people to hold my hand through everything but any help/advice would be more than appreciated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 01:23AM by rob1966.
October 11, 2011 06:58PM
If they're CDs, that will never, ever be possible. The Wii does not have a CD drive. It's drive is DVD only.

Besides, I have never heard of a TG-16 emulator on the Wii, so chances are there aren't one I'm afraid, which is another stumbling block in your plan.

A great app to install is the Homebrew Browser, when you open it, it lists many great free apps and games you can download directly on your Wii, very simply.
October 11, 2011 07:28PM
Thanks for your reply Sif Jar

There is a PC-Engine/TG-16 emulator for Wii. I found it here

[wiibrew.org]

Basically TG-16 is just the North American version of Japanese PC Engine. I never realized Wii couldn't play CD. I never had the need to try I guess.

Anyway the apps do sound interesting. Still can't get letterbomb to show up again though. Does anyone here know enough about it to let me know why this is? (see OP).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 04:00AM by rob1966.
October 11, 2011 08:09PM
Ah sorry, didn't know TG-16 was the same as PC Engine.

FYI, the PCEngine portion of the recently released WiiMednafen is apparently better than WiiEngine : [wiibrew.org]

As for your LetterBomb issues, I have no idea what could be causing this. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem with LetterBomb. Are you 100% sure you are entering the correct MAC address and time & date on the LetterBomb site, and that you have the correct region chosen?
October 11, 2011 08:40PM
I know the Mac adress is correct - triple checked :) I better try again and double check region, time and date.

Thanks for the info on the alternate PC Engine emulator. If I ever get the HBC back on I'll check it out.

Again thx for your replies. I've been at kind of a loss because I don't know about this stuff. I know there are guys in my area on Craigslist that could help for a fee but that kinda scares me.
October 11, 2011 10:01PM
If you happen to have any of the following games, there are ways to do it using them instead:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers
Lego Batman: The Videogame
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

More info on each exploit and usage instructions are found here: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login