Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

\data\gecko files deleted...

Posted by Zurwyn 
\data\gecko files deleted...
November 16, 2011 05:26PM
Okay, so I just tried to get hacks onto SSBB. I went to save it in my \Removable Disc E:\data\gecko but there were NO FILES THERE. I was hacking Call of Duty: World at War earlier, so I KNOW there should be files in there. I'm just wondering what happened, how to fix it, and if I have to do the whole process (uninstall HB and reinstall it) all over again...

I used Smash Stack to download the Homebrew, etc., if that helps any.

Thanks in advance,
Zurwyn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 05:26PM by Zurwyn.
Re: \data\gecko files deleted...
November 18, 2011 01:48AM
I think your problem is that you don't have the .GCT file needed by gecko in order to apply hacks to a game, don't worry though, follow these simple steps and you will be hacking brawl in no time (just don't use cheats when playing online, doing so will get you banned from nintendo's wi-fi connection)

+ First look up some codes for the game and make sure they are from your region (This page is a good place to start [geckocodes.org]
+ Copy the codes you want to the notepad and save the file in an easy to remember place as you will need it later

+ Download code manager (a pc program, look it up on google) and run it, the program allows you to open the .txt file with the codes. Select the codes you want to apply and save as a .GCT file. The .GCT file must be named as the Game Id of the disc you want to hack, for example, if you want to hack Smash Bros. Brawl you must save the file as RSBE01 (which is the Game ID for the american version of the game). The file must then be put on a folder wich you must name "codes" on the root of your sd card.

+ Now go to your wii and load the game with Gecko, make sure that the Ocarina option is active in order to apply the hacks

Hope it helps :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2011 01:53AM by headfirst4halos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login