Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One of my imported games won't work, need help

Posted by AtomicSquirrel 
One of my imported games won't work, need help
December 04, 2011 09:44PM
Hello,

I recently installed the Homebrew Channel with Gecko OS on a North American Wii 4.3U system because I wanted to play games I imported.

My japanese Fatal Frame 4 game works. My european Kid Paddle game works.

But my japanese Ikenie no Yoru (Night of the Sacrifice) game does NOT work and I am wondering why. Gecko OS will load the game and I'll see the Nintendo warning about using the wristband or whatever comes up first on all games, and then the Wii just goes to a black screen with text (mostly random letters). By then it seems the Wii has frozen and I need to manually turn it off. What could be causing this since my other imports work? I heard it could be because the game uses the balance board, is this correct?

In any case, how do I get it to work?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Re: One of my imported games won't work, need help
December 04, 2011 09:53PM
Try it with TinyLoad: [wiibrew.org]
December 04, 2011 10:31PM
The game won't work with TinyLoad either. It gives me the same error. Here's a picture of the error:

[i31.photobucket.com]

Did you ever see this before? I really want to play the game... especially since it cost a lot to import it!!!
December 04, 2011 11:11PM
I have personally never imported Wii games, but I have read a bit about this sort of thing in forums etc. and never seen anything like that...Hopefully someone else will see this and be able to help.
December 04, 2011 11:21PM
I just read on the another forum that someone had the same problem with this game and that the game needs a save file to start... which is weird cause all the other games don't, they just prompt you to create one. That person linked to a file which apparently solved their problem with the game... I'm gonna try it now and see if it works for me...

edit: Well the save file thing doesn't seem to work for me. I didn't get the exact same error text, but it still doesn't work...

edit 2: SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!!! :D :D :D The game required a save file and the nunchuck had to be unplugged while loading it.... don't know why, but it works now!

Thanks again for the help, though, I really appreciate it :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 11:51PM by AtomicSquirrel.
July 19, 2012 04:18PM
Hey, I've been having the same problem. I tried getting the game save file from gbatemp but it was taken off. Is there anyway you can share the game save file that you have on your SD card??
July 19, 2012 04:30PM
[www.mediafire.com]

I haz mad google skillz ;)

EDIT: Another link, just in case: [www.4shared.com] (this one requires you to sign up to 4shared.com though)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2012 04:33PM by SifJar.
July 26, 2012 05:39PM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login