Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to use an external HDD

Posted by smoothiebun 
how to use an external HDD
December 17, 2011 11:28PM
I am getting an external HDD 1tb. I would like to know how to properly format it, and get it ready to run with the homebrew. I would like to know how to run games off the HDD for the emulators instead of storing it on my sd card. A friend of mine advised me to get one so the games will run smoother. How would I go about doing all this? Storeing and running off the HDD.
Re: how to use an external HDD
December 17, 2011 11:38PM
FAT is probably best, all emulators should support it. Some now support NTFS, but not all.
December 17, 2011 11:45PM
Thank. I've also been wondering if there Is a NDS emulator? if so, will I be able to challenge others online via the wifi or is that disabled?
December 18, 2011 12:12AM
There is an NDS emulator, but I can't remember it's name. And I don't think it's finished, but it should be able to boot at least some games I think.
December 18, 2011 02:02AM
DeSmuME Wii is a DS emulator but as SifJar said it's not finished and is not for all games.
December 20, 2011 12:26AM
I just got my new external HDD and i'm trying to format but it only says "exfat" and "NTFS(default)" Then it has application unit size. I haven't formated, it says on the box ready to plug and play, i've obviously put it on the comp. to format but thats as far as i got. Not sure what to do next.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login