Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD card and method

Posted by smoothiebun 
SD card and method
January 09, 2012 01:01AM
I currently have a wii 3.3u. My sd card is formatted to FAT32 and when insterted into the Wii there is no icon for the sd card. I am also wondering which method to use, I tried following the banner bomb method but due to the wii not reading the sd card, not even showing the icon I cannot do anything.

Why is the Wii not reading the sd card it is 2gb it has a lock and unlock feature, it is currently in the unlocked, i tried both unlocked and locked and no icon showed. Any sd card should work correct? its a PNY 2GB it has "50min video" written on it but i dont think that should matter since its just a regular sd card and can be used in any way.

Any information will be helpful. I am unable to upgrade the wii at this momment due to internet issues, even if the internet was working id still have the issue with the sd card.
Re: SD card and method
January 09, 2012 04:30AM
The icon is not being displayed because you are on system menu 3.3, in order for it to display you should have system menu 4.0 or newer. But just to make sure it is not an issue with the SD card, try to copy a channel or save using the data management on the wii.

As for installing homebrew, I suggest using Letterbomb as it doesn't require a game HERE you will find an useful guide on how to proceed with the installation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 04:32AM by headfirst4halos.
January 09, 2012 08:50PM
For letterbomb you must update to 4.3. If, for whatever reason, you don't want to update then you can use Bannerbomb instead. [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
January 11, 2012 12:48AM
Thank you, I managed to update and install homebrew through Letter Bomb, I posted my most recent question in the Apps section pertaining to usb loader and as to how/what I can do with it, and how to obtain the app. I do applogive for my noobness.
January 12, 2012 12:32AM
smoothiebun
Thank you, I managed to update and install homebrew through Letter Bomb, I posted my most recent question in the Apps section pertaining to usb loader and as to how/what I can do with it, and how to obtain the app. I do applogive for my noobness.

As stated in rules we done support piracy.

Unless that one is different form the other one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 12:34AM by dirtrider73068.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login