Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple Emulator help

Posted by yoshinori76 
Multiple Emulator help
February 01, 2012 09:47AM
I just started the homebrew scene and i thought i followed the instructions for emulation on homebrew channel to the t. i was able to upload the Snes9x without problem because i was told to put the apps folder from the download onto the root of my sd. easy peasy until VBAGX told me to do the same thing and my computer told me, "no no no. you can't have two folders with the same name." also the Wii64 instructions aren't making sense. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Multiple Emulator help
February 01, 2012 06:19PM
look inside the apps folder from vbagx - you see a folder called "vbagx" or something. copy that inside the "apps" folder already on your SD card.
February 02, 2012 05:23AM
my root sd card is
"apps" (snes emulator folder)
"apps 2" (vbagx emulator folder)
"bootmii" folder
"private" folder
"vbagx" folder
"wii 64" roms folder
"wii64-beta1.1-src" (extracted folder from wii 64
boot.elf
installer.txt

what am i doing wrong? vbagx won't register as an application accessible by homebrew and i have no idea how to install wii 64
February 02, 2012 06:32PM
Like I said before - you need to copy the "vbagx" folder from inside the "apps" folder that came with that download to inside the "apps" folder on your SD card. ALL homebrew applications are setup like this for the Wii - a folder on the root of the sd card called "apps" contains many subfolders. Each subfolder is for one homebrew. Inside that is a boot.dol or boot.elf, and a few other files. It's really quite simple once you grasp it. You do not need a "src" folder, that is the source of the application which is only for people wanting to modify and compile the app themselves. Just get the folder containing the boot.dol or boot.elf from the download and put it in "apps". If there isn't either of these files, you got the wrong download.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login