hbc apps via usb?
April 06, 2012 12:52PM
hi people,

i am new to the world of wiibrew and homebrew apps but first of all i say this apps are amazing!

i have recently installed the HBC and everything works fine but i have a problem: the SD card im using is not mine so i cant keep it forever i read this "It can launch homebrew applications from an SD or SDHC card or via USB." so i know its possible to run the apps for hbc via usb. i read many topics but i cant get it to work...my version of hbc is 1.0.8 i d like to know if there is a guide on how to run urs apps for hbc via usb instead of SD card...thanks in advance.

Regards
Re: hbc apps via usb?
April 06, 2012 01:26PM
First off, you should update HBC to 1.1.0. Secondly, make sure your drive is formatted to FAT32 (not NTFS) and setup the exact same way as an SD card would be (i.e. apps folder with individual folders for each app inside). If it still doesn't work, it may just be that your USB drive doesn't work with HBC, that is sadly not unheard of. In that case, you're probably out of luck unless you have another USB drive you can try or feel like buying a new one.
April 06, 2012 04:53PM
SifJar
First off, you should update HBC to 1.1.0. Secondly, make sure your drive is formatted to FAT32 (not NTFS) and setup the exact same way as an SD card would be (i.e. apps folder with individual folders for each app inside). If it still doesn't work, it may just be that your USB drive doesn't work with HBC, that is sadly not unheard of. In that case, you're probably out of luck unless you have another USB drive you can try or feel like buying a new one.

Ok i ll try and let u know thanks for ur reply :D
April 07, 2012 12:43PM
valerio_valerio
SifJar

Ok i ll try and let u know thanks for ur reply :D

thank you very much i just needed to use a different usb drive...and i can also put my usb drive in the usb port n2 and keep my games in the port n1 :D

Regards
April 07, 2012 01:10PM
I personally find it rather tricky to store DVDs in a USB port....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login