Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to download the Hackmii Installer 1.0 on dialup: corrupted download or incomplete download on Windows 7

Posted by crimsoncarnage 
Ok, so I keep trying to get the latest version of the Hackmii installer from the bootmii site on Mozilla Firefox, but everytime I try to download it on dialup, it keeps finishing the download too early. I can't open the zip file due to it becoming corrupted or incomplete. I tried clearing my cache, and that didn't work either.

So, how can I get the download to complete successfully instead of it being corrupted or incomplete?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 07:23PM by crimsoncarnage.
Have you tried a different web browser, like google chrome, or IE, or some other browser.
The same thing happens as well on the Opera Internet Browser.

As it says on [www.fourmilab.ch], It could also be caused due to Apache.

I tried the command prompt version with cURL, but when trying to download the file this way, Windows throws up an error, saying "'key' is not recognized as an internal command, external command, or batch file."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 03:09AM by crimsoncarnage.
When using a command line program you must put quotes around URLs that have special characters (such as &).
tueidj
When using a command line program you must put quotes around URLs that have special characters (such as &).

Thanks, I did that too.

Unfortunately, Curl said:

"curl: (18) transfer closed with 3640667 bytes remaining to read"

I did try to resume it again but Curl said:

"curl: (33) HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume."

Tried it again a second time, same error still appears.

I think someone should upload new versions of the installer to a site that people with dial-up connections are able to download completely such as mediafire, etc. You guys could also upload new versions of the zip file to open source sites such as Github, Sourcefourge, etc.

These are the only two things left that I can think of for people that have dial-up connections that keep getting corrupted or incomplete downloads here.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 11:27PM by crimsoncarnage.
Does anyone have a solution yet? I've been waiting a few days and no one has responded to this problem.
You could slit the hackmii installer into many little pieces, then you could download them. I used HxD to split hackmii into 40KB pieces, 53 pieces total, then concatenate them back together. This works well. Unfortunately, I can't post it here and I can't pm you for some reason. So if the mods would permit a temporary link to these files to fix your issue, I will post it temporarily. Otherwise, post an email or pm me elsewhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 05:21AM by mauifrog.
mauifrog
You could slit the hackmii installer into many little pieces, then you could download them. I used HxD to split hackmii into 40KB pieces, 53 pieces total, then concatenate them back together. This works well. Unfortunately, I can't post it here and I can't pm you for some reason. So if the mods would permit a temporary link to these files to fix your issue, I will post it temporarily. Otherwise, post an email or pm me elsewhere.

I have to post my email because yours is hidden. Its arceus213@gmail.com

Edit: Nevermind, I had to download the hackmii installer from [dl.qj.net] and all is fine now, problem solved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 05:29PM by crimsoncarnage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login