Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks

Posted by thedeo 
boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks
May 02, 2012 08:13AM
Hello there,

This is my first attempt at trying to get HBC on my Wii. My specs are below.

- Black Wii bought April 2012
- 4.3u
- Wii Remote Plus
- PNY Optima SDHC 8GB ( i know there are some limitations but --> [wiibrew.org] is actually somewhat vague as to how to determine what beta you are running and if the information recorded for previous betas still stand)
- HackMii v1.0 -- I believe.

So i'm using this URL --> [please.hackmii.com] to create the "bundle" as it were. I placed the boot.elf and private folder on the SD card. I'm then able to see the letterbomb and once I've selected that it goes to the following screen. [tinyurl.com]

I am able to press (1) and then it takes me to the HackMii Installer screen. It says:

The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS
boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks (-1080000000)

I see an option to continue and it looks like it's highlighted but when I press the power or reset nothing takes place on the screen. When I hold the power button my Wii goes off and comes back up just fine. And I can start the process all over again with the same results each time.

I'm not really sure if this might be related to the type of SD card or not but I can't seem to find anyone on the internet that is having the same issue.

I was hoping somebody might have a clue.

thanks,
deo
Re: boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks
May 02, 2012 09:39AM
Why are you pressing power or reset? Press A on the Wii remote when continue is highlighted.
Acutally I read this here and assumed it was still valid. But now that I think of it if the (1) button worked that far into the process, the others should probably also be working even in the HackMii Installer menu?

Part 4 - Number 2:

"When prompted with "Press 1 to continue" note that the new wii remote motion plus with the sync button visible from the back side will not function. You will have to use an older wii remote on which the sync button is not visible until the battery cover is removed."

Souce: [wiibrew.org]

Anyway, I googled around and found where some people were using the power and reset buttons to control the HackMii Installer menu.

I believe I also tried pressing the (A) button but I don't think that worked. Even if it did work that way the error message sounds disconcerting.
Re: boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks
May 02, 2012 06:38PM
Power and reset are for BootMii, not HackMii Installer. It has never worked with those buttons to my knowledge. And the issue with new Wii remotes has been fixed in the latest version of the HackMii Installer, so they will definitely work.
Thanks for the replies. The (A) button did indeed work. I was in a hurry and was too close the the Wii when I had tried pressing the (A) button I guess.

Got everything installed and runs like a charm :)

Still no idea why that error popped up but I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 06:47AM by thedeo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login