Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

error installing bootmii WITH sandisk 2g

Posted by regedit024 
error installing bootmii WITH sandisk 2g
August 24, 2012 06:30AM
modded my wii using letterbomb and mauifrogs guide. went off without a hitch, everything works great, my kids love it. in fact, it worked so well when my friend saw it, he wanted it on his wii too.. everything started off fine, letterbomb worked fine, homebrew installed fine, but when i got to installing bootmii, i ran into a problem. when i start up the hackmii installer, i go down to bootmii, and i get install bootmii as an IOS, uninstall bootmii, and prepare an SD card.. when i select anything besides uninstall, i get the mounting SD card. . . FAILED (-1) error.. ive tried at least 6 sd cards, including the one i used to do my wii, AND i even went out and bought a sandisk 2g card and still failed. ive tried 3 different card formatters. im at a loss, i dont want to turn his wii back over to him with no nand backup and no brick protection. im using the hackmii installer v1.0 homebrew chan v1.1.0 with IOS58 v24.32... all on a black wii with 4.3.. is there any other way to get bootmii installed? can i just try to find the bootmii files and put them on the card myself, or would that even be likely to help? maybe try a different version of bootmii, 1.3 maybe? thanks in advance for any help
Re: error installing bootmii WITH sandisk 2g
August 24, 2012 04:05PM
Is the system menu able to copy savefiles to any of the SD cards? Sounds like the slot might be damaged, making the wii think the SD cards are always locked.
August 24, 2012 04:58PM
o man! you are totally right! i been rackin my brain on this, tried everything i could think of! i just went into data management and tried to move a save file over, and i get an error, the SD card is locked! i guess now i need to look up how to virginise this thing and try to warranty it. all i did was install hbc and a bunch of wads, think theyll be able to tell i monkeyed with it? or.. have you ever heard of a problem like this, is it easy to fix, im not afraid to crack it open, ive been inside mine before
thanks alot for the reply, i really appreciate it!
August 24, 2012 11:40PM
You could try opening it up and having a look. There should be a little metal arm along the side of the SD card slot with a bend in it that rests on the lock tab when the card isn't locked, and pushes into the empty space when the card is locked. The other end of the arm works as an electrical switch, telling the controller if the card is locked or not. Sometimes the arm gets bent or broken so you might just need to play around with it and see if it makes a difference.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login