Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what should I do please help! ;_;

Posted by kate2102360 
what should I do please help! ;_;
September 05, 2012 07:06PM
first of all, this case is way too complicated...(may be just for me :s

1.my wii has been soft modded by somebody else, who didn't give me the sd card used to keep the essential files.( try not to ask me why, takes too much time to explain.

2.there are hbc, a neo gamma, a soft chip, a back up launcher and a gamma 002 channel added.

3.I currently have a 8g SD card which contains nothing but only private\wii\title\, and three files named RB4J, RBUJ and
SBDJ is in the file "title", maybe these are some save datas my brother created before.

4.the version of my wii is 4.0U, and the hbc is 1.0.1 ios36 v255.255

what I want to do is to figure out if I can wipe out all these add-ons and uninstall the softmod, and reinstall it again.
Is this possible without the essential file sd card? because I heard when somebody format their wii from the wii system settings, the machine just became useless and whatever you do just cant fix it......

what's the safest way to proceed a uninstall? a system upgrade?
I'd be so so appreciated if someone could just give me a clue on this whole thing.......:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2012 01:15PM by kate2102360.
Re: what should I do please help! ;_;
September 06, 2012 04:48PM
You can simply delete the Neo Gamma, and game back up channels from the system menu. All channels are is a quick boot option for homebrew apps to boot from instead of having to boot them through the HBC. So that would get rid of them fairly easily. There's certain things associated to those though, which are trickier to get rid of, and those would be custom IOS modules. Someone else can recommend a way to get rid of those since you're wanting to get rid of everything, and try to start fresh, cause if they are updated versions then installing a new system menu wont do nothing to them as they were designed to work with the newest system menu.

Those three files you mentioned on your 8GB SD card.....They correspond to games, but I doubt your brother got them legitly so it would serve him right anyway to get rid of them. Go ahead and delete them. The private/wii/title thing can be deleted as well. Totally uncessary to have them there. The only thing you'll need on your card to make homebrew work is the apps, and their appropriate content folders. Somebody can help with that as well if you're not sure how to set up homebrew for HBC use.

As for needing the original SD card to setup everything that's on your Wii. You dont need it. That's why you werent given it. That 8GB card without the junk on it you have is everything you need for starting over again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2012 04:49PM by nightwishfan1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login