Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

question about update on my wii. should i or shouldn't i?

Posted by upstatenyhc 
question about update on my wii. should i or shouldn't i?
October 22, 2012 06:43PM
i have a wii with a 3. something update and haven't updated it to 4.3 . my question is, if i update it is it gonna help my emulators at all on the homebrew channel? meaning performance wise, sound glitchyness, etc or is it pointless to update if i have the homebrew channel already? thanks
Re: question about update on my wii. should i or shouldn't i?
October 22, 2012 06:56PM
It will not affect anything other than the System Menu itself. The only real change would be that newer games will not prompt you to update any more. Also, you would gain the SD menu for channels, which allows you to play VC and WW games from the SD card (sort of; in reality, it just copies them back to the Wii every time you play them and deletes them afterwards). Within homebrew apps, there will be no difference, with the exception of any apps that support the use of IOS58, which would gain improved USB speeds. However, you can just run "IOS58 installer" instead of updating and then reinstall HBC and those apps will get the improved USB speeds (you may already have done this).
Re: question about update on my wii. should i or shouldn't i?
October 22, 2012 06:57PM
thank you for the reply, i get what your sayin and i prob. wont bother cause it doesnt seem to help the actual performance of the games
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login